Weber 9057 Grill Out Handle Light

I've had one for a while but finally got around to ordering the LEDs and lithium C cells. the Amazon Basics lithium batts were cheaper than Energizer Maxes.

J: I didn't even realize they made lithium C Cells. But why not? Are they rechargeable?

Um, those are not C-Cell batteries. They are CR123a. I think they are smaller than C cells and they are 3v instead of the normal 1.5V of C-Cell batteries.

I think it was someone else that said they don't leak, but I don't dispute that at all either.

Um, those are not C-Cell batteries. They are CR123a. I think they are smaller than C cells and they are 3v instead of the normal 1.5V of C-Cell batteries.

I think it was someone else that said they don't leak, but I don't dispute that at all either.
Thanks. I just cancelled the order.

J: Yes, the voltage does matter, but maybe even in a good way. It would probably fry the original incandescent bulbs, as I think they are only rated for 4.5V total. The LED's are rated for 4.5 to 12V I believe. As such, they would probably be much brighter with three of the 3.6V batteries vs three of the normal 1.5V batteries.

I may not have been the only one, but I have mentioned that I try to use Lithium batteries in my electronics that will be used for a long time and/or especially outdoors. Regular batteries are really good for corroding and destroying stuff when they get old or damp. I ruined a really nice Mag flashlight not paying attention to that. I have lithium AA or AAA batteries in my grill thermometers, Smoke, Etc.

I didn't think you could get a 'C' sized lithium battery. I am not very knowledgeable about electricity, but I am a little suspicious of the ones posted above since the write-up seems to say they are meant for low load, long term use such as memory back-ups. That's a whole different animal then keeping bulbs bright for a cooking session. But, I don't know. I sold my Skyline that had a handle light. For that I used regular alkaline C batteries but tried to be diligent about replacing them based on time used, not loss of light. I have another handle light and LED bulbs ready for my Skyline 2-burner and plan to do the same.

I'd have to go back to a previous thread with Gary that we had earlier, but LEDs behave a bit differently than incandescents. Let's unravel this a bit...these lamps are rated at 3 watts. Watts in DC are volts x amps, so if your voltage is 3 C Cells x 1.5v = 4.5v...then 3 watts divided by 4.5v = 0.67A, or about 700mA (I think I measured 550mA, but no matter...close enough). So if you had 3 cells in series at 9000mAH (can produce 9A for 1 hour) capacity, because they are in series, you have 9000mAH divided by 700mA or potentially 13 hours of run time.

Nuff said. I lost everybody, I know, but that's how it works. Raise the voltage, lower the current, lower the voltage, raise the current. Watts is watts.

It's a unit of measurement, like an inch, or a meter, or a horsepower. It's one way of measuring power or work being done (the name is derived from an Scottish inventor, James Watt, who defined units of torque and horsepower and many other things we still use). One horsepower is about 746 watts. Georg Ohm (Ohm's Law) for DC circuits says that Watts = Volts x Amps.

I received my light today. It came in original box and I don't think it had ever been opened up. There was a $44.99 sticker on it from a home town type hardware store. Pretty expensive item for back thirty or so years ago.

I received my light today. It came in original box and I don't think it had ever been opened up. There was a $44.99 sticker on it from a home town type hardware store. Pretty expensive item for back thirty or so years ago.
this thing is a game changer esp w the LED lights, its like day time when you fire it up

Back