Weber 1200 NG to LPG

I would probably try mineral oil first. Food grade, and never goes rancid. Great suggestion thanks.

Assume that eyeballing all the parts is my best bet?
Why the big worry about food grade/veg oil? It's slide for cryin out loud. Just wipe it down with a little oil. Hell it can be 10W 30

It’s comes down to what you want and what space you have. I personally like having side tables on both sides and don’t really use the flip table. It’s because i have more space length wise than depth. So that should be a factor in your decision. I am a big fan of durawood vs real wood because of the durability. But can you take a closer picture of those in the platinum picture? Those look a little wide and look more like deck material. The platinum series just has stainless steel internals and possibly a slighty higher btu (can be argued).

Why the big worry about food grade/veg oil? It's slide for cryin out loud. Just wipe it down with a little oil. Hell it can be 10W 30
Food grade doesn't matter at all, but vegetable oil does go rancid - so I wouldn't use that. Mineral oil is the most neutral oil I own, so that's why I'd use it.

Food grade doesn't matter at all, but vegetable oil does go rancid - so I wouldn't use that. Mineral oil is the most neutral oil I own, so that's why I'd use it.
You do know I hope that "mineral" oil is derived from petroleum

Bottom line is, I dont think your choice of oils really makes that much difference. In all actuality, some graphite might be the best solution. I don't think a thin coating of veggy oil is a problem. After three years, my grill hasn't grown and green fuzz on the slide rail. Mineral oil, 3-in-1 household oil, mom's sewing machine oil, or some 5W-30 Pennzoil will all work just fine. A guy could probably slap on a bit of bacon grease in a pinch.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Having a lot of trouble removing the bolt holding propane holder in place. Have wd40’d it and tried with a gentle impact driver but no luck so far. Advice?

my backyard looks insane.

edit: I can agree that the type of oil doesn’t matter! I still won’t use bacon grease. We have enough racoons.

edit2: got it out but snapped the bolt! now need to spec it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
New bolt! And a new problem. NG frame does not have holes/slots for the propane hanger. Wild.

Is there a recommended solution? Perhaps I could drill through the hanger and bar and secure with nuts?

Or is it me that’s nuts? Will I somehow have more problems when I go to add the NG manifold to the LPG frame?

MT

You need the bracket for the propane scale. Like the two grills on the left have.

Mike, Many of the Weber NG models need to be modified to accomodate a Propane tank.

For the Platinum assuming that is the one needing work. You need a bracket like the other 2 grills in the picture. If you have the bracket drill and bolt it on.

Great - drill and bolt on. Will do.
2.5” enough?

And looks like I have to remove the right side fold up table, or see if the left side fold up from other bbq can be flipped.

On a Silver B(most anyway), The frame has a panel the tank gauge bolts too and then the bottom cross member has two holes for the plastic tank bumpers.

I was so perplexed that there weren’t slots - it didn’t make sense from a logistics perspective. So glad I found them.

also so glad I didn’t get the manifold only - I wouldn’t have had the holder. The silver b one doesn’t fit the earlier model.

thanks again for the encouragement.

Conversion done. I finally have a bread basket! Will I use it?

seemed to reach temperature quickly. Back burner has a bright orange flame - do I need to just brush the holes more aggressively? What else could be causing this?

Best to keep aluminum or black drip tray?

I can see why the flip up table would be annoying. Gets in the way of turning propane on and off. Do I pry off end caps to remove? Figure I can add it to the ng q.

speaking of end caps - I can steal these from the spare ng q. Am I better off to have them or not?

and for that spare q. I was going to replace the rotted wood with Leftover cedar board. I have teak and tung oil - will that do the trick To finish them?

any idea of the spec for the screw that holds the control panel in place? Spare is missing these.

thanks again!

Last edited:

Back