Weber 1200 NG to LPG

If you have the right tools and you can grip the bolt head, all it takes and a couple of turn and the bolt will snap off.

To answer your question about fitting it in your car. I usually pop off the cotton pins and remove the hood. Take out as many removable parts and but them in a box. The i slide the frame on it's side with the fire box still attached into my SUV. Was easier when I had my minivan. Get tight in my 3 row SUV.

this worked fine with silver b but concerned the older style is taller, so less room. Maybe remove the wheels too? Which I haven’t done in the past

And - advice on how to get into car with just one person (me)? Especially if I don’t take off firebox (but yes lid and slats)

removing those wheels is a pain since those locking nuts can be stubborn. i usually use a tarp to help slide the frame in. If it isn't going to go in like that, then you're best to disassemble everything - which can be easy if you have all the right tools.

Good news! I picked up the grill at a great price. Grates are SS as are flavourizer bars which are in great shape. There is almost no rust that I saw. A couple of melt marks in the dura wood, and 2 plastic end caps missing from the rear square bar. The inside of the lid is even shiny!

now I just need a manifold and regulator, and then I will have more questions!C420E86A-592A-4FD9-AD86-88251DFCFDB4.jpegE41A3F03-516C-436A-8C11-55F34ECF209E.jpeg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Side note: grill fit no problem in my forester.

question - manifold doesn’t fit, but is regulator from silver b compatible? I.e. do I need to find a manifold or both parts?

Manifold from a Silver B or C will not work. Totally different animal. Different valves, spacing and so on. If I can find the orifices for it I have an LP Manifold. I would be willing to swap you even out. All you would need then is a regulator and hose and I might even have one of those

Manifold from a Silver B or C will not work. Totally different animal. Different valves, spacing and so on. If I can find the orifices for it I have an LP Manifold. I would be willing to swap you even out. All you would need then is a regulator and hose and I might even have one of those
Thanks! - Bruce is checking too. The rub is that I’m in Canada, and shipping may be prohibitive.

I have an extra hose and regulator from an old silver b and worst case Could strip from my existing bbq (also silver b).

Next question - I have never ever used a grill cover - a found that it encourages condensation. In Toronto we have humid, wet summers and wet (slightly) snowy winters. This bbq came with a cover. Should I be using it? It ends up taking a few extra minutes to cover and uncover which I find annoying.

I only use a cover full time on my Wolf only because it's poorly designed for drainage. On my Genesis I only use it to keep snow/ice off it. Otherwise when God says it needs a bath it gets one :D Let me know. I could actually really use a NG manifold so should work out

I only use a cover full time on my Wolf only because it's poorly designed for drainage. On my Genesis I only use it to keep snow/ice off it. Otherwise when God says it needs a bath it gets one :D Let me know. I could actually really use a NG manifold so should work out
Larry

I have a NG setup on a grill I picked up for parts. But I have no gas line running into my house so I have no way to test it. The only reason I still have it around is in case someone is looking for one. Let me know if you still need one after this.

IMG_20200526_092302227_HDR.jpg

So now I have three bbqs! A silver b and an NG and LPG 1000-5500.

Assuming this all works I will sell the silver B, and the extra I’ll clean the hood so it looks nice. Will either sell the NG or strip it for part

for the two that are 1000-5500:

hoods and cookboxes, are they all the same (assuming no visible rust) or should I take a verrry close look at anything? I haven’t decided if I like the ‘platinum’ artwork. How is the durawood handle compared to the new therma-something of the silver b?

same question for burners - do I just choose the ones that look ‘nicer’? Or something I should look out for?

The wire bottom grill has a two hole raising and lowering system. The dura wood bottom has a slider - which slides super poorly. (Could this just be lubed?) Is either system preferable? It’s very unlikely I will open up the tables so not a big deal.

the wood is actual garbage and I think the dura wood will be.. durable..so I will use that.

frame on wire has a little rust, much less on the dura.

dura = 1999
Wire = 1996

96CFFCD5-522D-4CBF-B59C-5B4CE3C6AAF3.jpeg
DFDB3EA7-12A9-489D-953C-0745EE544F4D.jpeg

Mike, clean the slide on the swing table with a rag and some cleaner. Then when it is dry, spread a thin coating of vegetable oil on the slide. You can use any thin oil, but I used vegetable oil and it lasted so far for three years.....slides so you don't even realize it is there.

Mike, clean the slide on the swing table with a rag and some cleaner. Then when it is dry, spread a thin coating of vegetable oil on the slide. You can use any thin oil, but I used vegetable oil and it lasted so far for three years.....slides so you don't even realize it is there.
I would probably try mineral oil first. Food grade, and never goes rancid. Great suggestion thanks.

Assume that eyeballing all the parts is my best bet?

Back