We all deal with stress in our own way...

Of course here in OKC is 10pm and it's still almost 90 degrees. Lol. I'll sweating like I'm in a sauna.

I have a pile of every limb that fell in my yard since last summer and I am burning them up. Listening to music, drinking rum, and watching the fire. Good way to get away from it all right now.

IMG_20200607_220233585.jpg

Plus I don't have the extra room to collect charcoal like that so I gotta do something different. Lol

Nice haul, Joe. That should last you until next Tuesday! :)

I like the fire pit, Mike! I've got an old kettle bottom.....I might have to do something like that. I've already been scheming on how I can turn my old WSM bottom into a hanging planter or something. :)

R

Nice haul, Joe. That should last you until next Tuesday! :)

I like the fire pit, Mike! I've got an old kettle bottom.....I might have to do something like that. I've already been scheming on how I can turn my old WSM bottom into a hanging planter or something. :)

R

You can also use that bottom as a patio cooler. Line it with some plastic and fill it with ice and drinks. Or even better, plastidip the whole inside. That should work awesome.

Mike,

What did you use for the legs? I have an old kettle that needs to be repurposed.

I used the normal kettle legs. Just cut about 4 inches off of one of the short ones then used it as a guide to cut the other 2. I took off the ash catcher and added these to the bottom of the legs:

It's sturdy as hell, and big enough capacity wise for a good fire.

Crazy part is after burning some wood that grill had a charcoal grate full of red hot embers. I put the old grate over it to give it a good burn off and it crossed my mind that I could use it in tandem with my Performer when I need to cook a lot of meat. It is like a super sear station and I could set up the performer as an indirect finisher/warmer.

I also think the firepit will be perfect for my new rotisserie and Ribolator setup I just got. Might try it tonight, in fact.

Back