Walmart has Kingsford today on sale -15.6 LB for $5

Lowe's and HD should have the 2x20lb Kingsford blue packs on sale for 9.99 as it gets closer to memorial day.

I was in Lowes today buying the last bit of Stubbs they had and in the garden area they had about 15 pallets of KBB in double packs.... sale is coming

I've been watching for the 2 20lb packs for $10 for a long time. I haven't seen it in 2 or 3 years now. They still sell the twin-packs. But, they reduced the weight and kept the price the same. If my math is correct, $5 for 15.6 lb is 28% higher than 40 lb (twin-pack of 20's) for $10.

Since they've raised prices, I've been experimenting with other brands. Along with experimenting with these other brands and my stockpile of Kingsford from the last good sale, I haven't had to buy Kingsford in several years and still have probably 10 bags.

I've been watching for the 2 20lb packs for $10 for a long time. I haven't seen it in 2 or 3 years now. They still sell the twin-packs. But, they reduced the weight and kept the price the same. If my math is correct, $5 for 15.6 lb is 28% higher than 40 lb (twin-pack of 20's) for $10.

Since they've raised prices, I've been experimenting with other brands. Along with experimenting with these other brands and my stockpile of Kingsford from the last good sale, I haven't had to buy Kingsford in several years and still have probably 10 bags.

Kingsford "reformulated" last year. The 18.6 # bag is the same physical size and is supposed to contain the same number of briquettes as the old 20 # bag. Each briquette weighs less (I forget what they actually changed to make the weight change), but the volume you get is the same. I know Chris on here did a bunch of tests which showed that the changes to burn time and temp didn't change much, if at all.

That's interesting, Chad. Although, I can't say that I'm sold on that idea though. Granted, I haven't seen Chris' tests though.

Unless you need some to get you through for the next couple weeks, I'd pass on this and wait till the Memorial Day Sales begin.

Back