Walking Dead Paella

Andre Ainokea

TVWBB Member
Had a few friends over for WD and made some paella. I added some new ingredients this time around: potatoes, smoked beef and kalua ham from my family back on Oahu, also a co-worker gave me some legit Spanish chorizo. Sorry for no plate pics, but I was 3 sheets to wind by the time it was all said and done!HAHA

IMG_25754032377248.jpeg

20140209_173233_LLS.jpg

20140209_173616_LLS.jpg

20140209_175209_LLS.jpg

20140209_180211_LLS.jpg

20140209_184655_LLS.jpg

Andre that Paella look's great on so many different level's... Great job i can almost smell & taste that from here.

I'm soooo upset I wasn't invited! Just kidding. Love the walking dead and this cook!! I'd live it if you could post some details like how much water rice and tomatoes (or paste) you used. This is on my bucket list for this summer.

I'm soooo upset I wasn't invited! Just kidding. Love the walking dead and this cook!! I'd live it if you could post some details like how much water rice and tomatoes (or paste) you used. This is on my bucket list for this summer.

Josie: I have a 26" pan that serves any where from 15-20. For this particualr run besides the aforementioned ingredients, I did 4lbs chicken thigh meat, 6 boxes of Goya brand spanish yellow rice http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HQQUVK/tvwb-20 . I normally use bomba rice(which is expensive); however I was running low and didn't feel like runing out to the special Spanish store. I also left out the sofrito, but used some other spices to take it's place. As for water, I use chicken broth, they key is to have a pot on hot stand-by. I find pouring boiling broth speeds the cooking process and once I close the lid it only take 20min or so for the rice to cook. I wish I could give you exact measurements, but I rarely measure anything. Hope to see your paella creation soon! Maybe I'll do a step-by-step video soon :)

Thank you for the advice! If you come out with a video that would be awesome!!

I've done something similar on the stove (arroz con camarones=shrimp with rice) and I've used Goya medium grain rice and I've also used a rice called sejo rojo which is a short grain rice. Give either those a try. I agree the bomba rice is just too expensive and especially if you have to order and have it shipped

Again, this was an awesome cook!

Very cool Andre. Thanks for sharing - My wife and I were just talking about Paella the other day. I think she was fishing for a gift idea for me! (the pan) Yours looks perfect!

Back