Vortex Wing Cook, Crispy skin

Typically takes 40+ minutes and here we are

Plated with crispy skin

- - - Updated - - -

and now sauced ready to eat

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for looking

Wings look great! Did you put them back on after you sauced them, the final pic looks awesome! I love my Vortex, a great tool to have in the grilling arsenal.
Tim

Wings look great! Did you put them back on after you sauced them, the final pic looks awesome! I love my Vortex, a great tool to have in the grilling arsenal.
Tim

I did not put them back on but not a bad idea.

Weeeeell, that pretty much clinches the deal, since I DID get the ultra charcoal baskets for my birthday, I will have to make the Vortex the next thing on the list. Interesting, aren't lists supposed to get shorter as we acquire things from it? Mine seems to just stay about the same! (1 off/1on)

Weeeeell, that pretty much clinches the deal, since I DID get the ultra charcoal baskets for my birthday, I will have to make the Vortex the next thing on the list. Interesting, aren't lists supposed to get shorter as we acquire things from it? Mine seems to just stay about the same! (1 off/1on)

I know what you mean about the list, I got this as a birthday gift seems pricey for what you get but birthday gifts are just for that right? I have seen some posts with DIY gadgets

Yeah, I know what you mean but for some reason, I'm having a tough time finding the "cheat" bowl!
Just found out my favorite hardware store(been going there for over fifty years) is closing, can't find a buyer! Long time Weber dealer! Sad news for me and Kalamazoo! Hoekstra hardware closing!
The same family used to own an old school butcher shop too! Many good times were possible because of those stores.

I got this as a birthday gift seems pricey for what you get but birthday gifts are just for that right?

At first it seemed a little pricey to me too but I have used it to sear, to slow cook with the snake method and of course for many wing cooks. I'm at the point now that I think it was well worth the investment.

Nice wing cook GG. Nailed!

TFL.
What Pat says above.
The vortex train is pulling outa the station. Get on it! ;)

It's going to be a long enough train for me to see if some dear family member decides to get me one for Christmas. I'm gin to see if I can get a deal on a WSM.
I will be posting a question in the "Rookie WSM" column in a moment...

Back