Venturi tubes - Q300

My Q300 is not heating up quickly anymore, nor is it getting to high temps. Googling led me to think my venturi tubes might need cleaning. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to do this? I bought a brush. Do I need to disassemble the grill? Thanks in advance.

Pull the burner(s) out according to instructions brush clean very well make sure all burner holes are not clogged. I use a clean grill brush. Does a good job

check where your regulator plugs into your manifold. Most likely a creepy crawly has taken up residence and that's the source of your problem. Blow it out with a can of air that you use to clean your keyboard and you'll likely be good to go without having to brush anything

I clean the burner holes with either a very small drill bit or a gas welding tip cleaner. its amazing how fast they get restricted or plugged.

Some portions the burner tube on my Weber Q 300 were blocked. I wire brushed the tubes. Still had blockages, so I used a regular push pin to clear the plugged holes. The push pin seemed to be the right diameter. I put the push pin in my drill to speed up the hole clearing process.

pushpin.jpg

I use a stainless brush in a drill motor to clean the burner tubes, I’ll post some pictures but it works amazing.

$4 wire cup brush and a $10 angle grinder from Harbor Freight makes short work of burner tube cleanup. I use it on all my rehab grills.

This is on burner tubes for a Genesis three burner gas grill, but the same applies for the Q Grill burners.

I have noticed that some of the aftermarket burner tubes for the Q grills have significantly larger holes. I don't know if that helps or ultimately just clogs easier. Seems like they work better than OEM ones to me.

Back