Vegetables from Wisconsin

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
So, no grill? And to make the insult even worse, it is a vegetarian meal! Almost, if you remove the cured ham and the salumi.
I like to choose from my arsenal of tools. In this case, it was raining cats and dogs outside, the temperature was 46F, and to use coals under the skillet is just a complicated way to make heat.
So, not a grill in sight. The reason for posting this cook is simply because Jim Lampe sent me some seeds. The plants have grown and grown, at least a couple of them, the others are struggling in the arctic summer. This is the “forum connection” for this meal.
At the moment I have more zucchini than I really want to eat, so I found out that I’d make some Greek zucchini balls. Here it goes:
I harvested a couple of the green ones, and peeled them.

DSC_0960_zps00a95314.jpg

Covered in salt to drain moisture, and showing off the other ingredients. I forgot to add garlic in this picture. Everything is from my own garden, except the Turkish feta cheese.

DSC_0961_zpsa976644e.jpg

I grated everything, mixed it together, and fried the balls.
DSC_0962_zpsde7c9ac6.jpg

And finished:
DSC_0963_zps93f13b54.jpg

A plated picture. This is a meal you can serve to both carnevores and vegetarians alike. It is easy to omit the meat on some of the plates.

DSC_0965_zpsfe201be5.jpg

As always, thank you, Mr. Lampe, and for your time. I hope you enjoyed it, and gave you a couple if ideas.

Did not have to be grilled or smoked.
That looks mighty fine just the way it is.
Kind of neat that seeds went from Jim almost half-way around the world, and then
the grown food was cooked and sent to my screen.

Beautifully prepared Geir! Great use of the zucchini. Do I see a spanish wine in the background? A Rioja perhaps.... It no doubt paired quite nicely with this wonderful meal.

Beautiful Geir, reminds me of the Italian versions we do all the time with various delicious things. Very well done my friend

Great post. Between us, I think Mr. Lampe has made his "mark" on every state in the union and half the countries in the free world. Truly an unselfish and thoughtful guy.
Did I just say that!?!?!

Geir, looks Sensational!! But I cannot believe you did not grow your own Turkish feta cheese in your garden;)

This plate is ARTWORK!

DSC_0965_zpsfe201be5.jpg

Absolutely Perfecto!

I'm pretty sure you guys broke at least one law when you did that. That plate looks like it would make a great last meal though.

I'm pretty sure you guys broke at least one law when you did that.
what is living life worth if you live life according to the fricken rules...?
I say, Do What You Want And Spread Your Wings! :p

Back