Veal Chops

Ted M (FatEddy)

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked up some nice looking veal chops. I don't buy these often, but it was really nice out so I couldn't resist. Sorry some of the pics are little off focus. I've got to start using my good camera, these are all iPhone pics.

Coated in EVOO, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme (both from our garden) and garlic. Sat them like this for an hour.
IMG_0340.jpg

Cranked up the performer with 3/4 chimney of K-Blue. After the first flip.
IMG_0341.jpg

Did I mention it was hot out. It was really about 91, but felt like this in the sun.
IMG_0343.jpg

It's going down to the 40's tonight. Going to have to bring these inside.
IMG_0350.jpg

Off the grill resting. Drizzled with more EVOO.
IMG_0345.jpg

Caprese Salad
IMG_0339.jpg

Plated. Nice inexpensive, but good Montepulciano.
IMG_0346.jpg

Perfectly done, IMO
IMG_0347.jpg

This was one the best meals I've had in awhile. Felt like I was back in Italy.

Thanks,
Ted

Absolutely perfect dinner IMO. I'm a big fan of everything on that plate and in that glass!

Where in NNJ? I'm coming over next time! (Dumont here).

I love the way that some fresh herbs mix with veal on the grill. I dig making a little compound butter with them for the finish too.

Rosemary and chives are all I have in my ghetto garden (pots on the stoop) right now.

What's the brand of Montepulciano?

What Daniel said: absolutely stunning
icon_eek.gif
. And - iPhone in your hands makes great photos. Nice to see you here Ted.

Everything looks absolutely incredible. Joe summed it up perfectly: "Absolutely perfect dinner IMO. I'm a big fan of everything on that plate and in that glass!"

BTW, Thermapen only measure the air temperature
icon_razz.gif
? What was the temperature of this beautiful meat from the grill?

@Joe InJersey the wine is about 8 bucks... 2010 Natale Verga Montelpuciano d'Abruzzo

@Mildo The Thermapen was left open and got knocked against the grill. It was coming down after I moved it and snapped the pic.

Thanks all

Ted, wonderful looking meal. Wish I could have shared in the festivities! After this I think that I need to go eat.

Looks fantastic. The veal, the caprese salad and the asparagus. The wine.....ah not a big fan of Montepulciano d'abruzzo wines but I'll drink it just the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did I mention it was hot out. It was really about 91, but felt like this in the sun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tell me about it Ted. Beautiful dinner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where in NNJ? I'm coming over next time! (Dumont here). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that right Joe? I grew up in Bergenfield. (Sorry for the hijack Ted...)

Back