Utah > Tropic: i.d.k. Barbecue

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
i.d.k. Barbecue
161 N Main St
Tropic, UT 84776
https://idkbarbecue.com/

The wife and I just wrapped up a 10 day road trip. We flew out to Albuquerque, NM and rented a Toyota Rav 4. We visited Santa Fe, NM then drove to Flagstaff, AZ. After that we headed up to the Grand Canyon to do some hiking. The weather was much hotter than we were expecting. After the Grand Canyon we drove north to Utah and first stop was Bryce Canton. :love: Bryce Canyon was amazing, moved to the top spot on my favorite National Park.

While at Bryce Canyon, we stayed about 10 min away in the small town of Tropic, UT. A few steps away from our rental cabin was this BBQ restaurant, i.d.k. barbecue.

Between my wife and I, we got brisket nachos, and a plate of brisket and BBQ chicken with some good sides.
Food was cooked perfectly and tasted great. Brisket was nice and juicy. They put a small amount of rub on the meat and just let the meat "do the talking". They had 3 different homemade BBQ sauces. Spicy sauce was pretty good, but the Smokey sauce was the best to me.

Sorry, no pictures.

If you happen to be planning a trip to Bryce Canyon, I recommend eating that this BBQ place and staying at Bryce Canyon Inn. Tropic is a very small town without many eating options, idk BBQ is easily the best place to eat (we tried them all, lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a great trip! Bryce Canyon is currently my favorite NP here in Utah. It is spectacular, and WAY less crowded than Zion NP just down the road. I never have stopped at that BBQ joint in Tropic, but added it to the list. Sounds dang good to me.

That sounds like a great trip! Bryce Canyon is currently my favorite NP here in Utah. It is spectacular, and WAY less crowded than Zion NP just down the road. I never have stopped at that BBQ joint in Tropic, but added it to the list. Sounds dang good to me.
We didn't go to Zion, but many other hikers said the same as you, about Bryce being very unique and way less people.
We also did Grand Canyon, impressive but loads and loads of people.

Back