Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Reunion

Yah, seems there are a lot of Socal members. You guys should start your own thread however. To avoid confusion.
For me it would be NoCal. I don't want to hijack this. At some point I will start a thread for a CA Meetup. I'll be watching this closely for ideas and insight though. I have a few ideas but I'm sure I'll have a few more following this.

I am for any group of us TVWBB members doing a getting together. Maybe several regional meets!

OK, so we have a good - no GREAT - idea, but now we have to figure out how to make it a reality. What can we do to set up a way for people to express interest, start identifying a date and location? I guess I am thinking of something next summer, assuming this stupid COVID thing has waned by then.

Maybe we could start by getting someone(s) willing to help coordinate a regional meet in their location. Sounds like we have interest for the upper Midwest and maybe even TWO California get togethers.

Then we need a way for members to comment on willingness to attend based on date & location.

I agree. No reason other areas cannot have meets. But I think it needs to be regional or it will be just too far for a lot of folks. I also agree that what we need to do is come up with a preliminary RSVP list and the find a location based on that so that it is fairly central to the most people on the RSVP list. Then we need to find a location, whether that be private or public, such as a park. Many parks will rent out group areas with pavilions fairly inexpensively. Or, if a list member wants a bunch of grill nuts hanging around their back yard, that is good too.
The good thing is that we have roughly 12 months to sort things out.

Yeah regional seems a lot more doable. I guess kinda figure how many mile radius to pull from and look into a relatively central location for it

Back