Updated: The Cook's Illustrated Recipe Index

I've updated the index to include the September/October and November/December 2022 issues.

https://tvwbb.com/docs/cooks-Illustrated-index-1993-dec2022.xlsx
Thanks for the update!

I note that the Cooks website is now integrated into America's Test Kitchen, which makes it harder to find the recipes that are from Cook's Magazine. Also they have drastically edited the older recipes and many of my favorites are no longer on the website. Fortunately I saved all my back issues. But without your spreadsheet I would never be able to find anything. You have my sincere gratitude.

Thats great that you do this Chris. I used to subscribe to cooks for years but stopped when the pandemic stared.
Due to my health conditions, I hunkered down and only went out when it was absolutely necessary.
To keep my sanity, I started pulling recipes off the internet. By the time it was over I accumulated over 2000 recipes. There all in my computer by categories so I can pull copies for my friends and family. Also printed copies in binders.
Now Barb and I are culling the herd. With 23 binders full of recipes, I think I'm done. ;)

I knew there was a naan recipe somewhere in one of the issues - but which one? I went googling for an index was son surprised to find yours! I have Cook's Illustrated magazines from 2004 and every year I tell myself I am going to index them - but obviously never got around to it. Thank you for all the time you've put into this project :) FYI the naan is in the May/June 2012

This represents a lot of work for several people. Not being a subscriber to Cook's Illustrated I have not found these recipes on their website. Is there a place on the internet that has these recipes and tutorials?
When you subscribe to the America's Test Kitchen website you can access many of these recipes, but not all. The ATK subscription also has tutorials, equipment and product reviews. As one poster noted, some of those recipes have been updated/changed. This is a wonderful tool. I can now put my CI hard copies in a notebook. Thanks to all that helped create this index.

Thank you for this index! I have about 20 of these books and remembering locations of the recipes can be difficult. Great work.

Back