Updated Spirit grills for 2025

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The 2025 Weber model year starts on October 1, 2024. I'm hearing rumors about updated Spirit gas grills with improved burners and searing capabilities, griddle inserts, compatibility with Weber Crafted accessories, and even a 4-burner model.

If anyone hears more details, post 'em here.

Yah, There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of distinction between the Spirit and the Genesis lineup. I will wait and see what they come up with, but I just feel like they need to put a little more in their Genesis flagship line up and leave the Spirit line up as a clear economy gas grill. Prices adjusted accordingly of course.

I am thinking they see this as a way to respond to a potential recession by offering more features in a cheaper grill. The same strategy helped Packard get through the great depression, but it resulted in the fabled Packard name being dragged down from above Cadillac to more like Buick/Oldsmobile.

I just recently owned a Genesis SPX 435 smart Grill SS. After one year of use it showed quite a bit of wear. Everything seemed to be just barely strong enough to hold together with thin panels and thin connectors between them. My biggest complaint would have to be that you have to plug it to electricity to get a temperature read out on a digital screen. I think they should definitely still have an in Hood thermometer regardless. So even for a barbecue around the $2,000 range in this day and age my expectations are low. Labor and parts and manufacturing costs are I'm sure not cheap and to stay competitive in this cost cutting era there isn't much else you can do I suppose. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm dogging on Weber. I love my Weber grills and I own several and always will.

Back