Ultimate Wind Shield and Rain Cover

Rick Reynolds

TVWBB Super Fan
I know this has a Performer in it right now but I built it mainly for my WSM. This is a work in progress as I still have to add a few things and stain it, but you get the idea. It did what it was suppose to do in the storm the other day. Stayed dry except for the outer edge on the deck.

001_zps55078f7b.jpg

I will be posting more pics as I go along. I am remodeling my deck. It will all be Cedartone solid stain. Bought the pot hanger at the local flea market 5 years ago for $2.

003_zps701ddc8f.jpg

Shelves are aluminum I salvaged from a construction trailer 6 years ago. The light is new from Lowe's for I think $28

004_zps4261a3da.jpg

My 9 year old Performer that started it all!

002_zps68c3b34a.jpg

005_zps4e69d6f8.jpg

First smoke under roof this morning. Notice i have changed out the front extension supports from 2 x 4's to 4x 4's. The 2x 4's were temporary to begin with.

003_zpsb9379e9e.jpg

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW cancel everything honey! We are going over to Ricks house to check this thing out ! =)
Anyways, that is awesome. Well done. Love it.

Peter

Very nice! Thats not what I envisioned when I was opening this up. The only thing it lacks is a bar!

I guess it's the signs and tin, but it reminds me of something that was on an old friend and retired Nashville sound engineer's farm. It was from the set of Hee Haw, basically a small shed with a porch that was where the inspiration of many a laugh came from for years. Wish I had a pic, but thanks for posting your deck addition. Very cool!

Love that set up. If you ever sell that house and a BBQ'er is interested, you just increased the value of your house significantly. ;;)

Thank you Rick!!!!!! I've been wanting to do something similiar on my deck but just didnt have any good ideas, now I do!

Thanks for the kind words. It's hard for some people I know to understand the passion involved with this, (the cook). But y'all know. I'm cooking a pork shoulder today and will post a pic of the set up I have for my WSM and then that will probably do it for pictures until I am finished with the entire deck. Thanks again. and M Crooks the mini grill I believe was part of a flower arrangement sold a few years back. I plan on repainting it black to match my grills.

Brother , that thing is unreal! I envisioned making something roughly similar when I build my new shed, but you just gave me a whole buncha new ideas! Killer , man.

Nice work Rick! Love how you incorporated it with your existing deck... you must work for Coca~cola...?
the pot hanger is PERFECT!

Back