TVWBB Upper Midwest "Mini-Meet"

I was a little worried in the morning. The pork shoulder I'd put on Big Z (well half a boneless shoulder from Costco), had developed a wonderful bark, and color. But the meat was not "loosening up" when temp probed. Getting a tiny bit worried I did what I say I never do. I wrapped, and pushed the temp about 20 degrees. When it hit 200 I pulled it and stuck in the cooler to rest.
Boy was I relieved, when I unwrapped it and it fell apart when I squeezed it a little. No fork needed. It pulled strictly by hand

I was a little worried in the morning. The pork shoulder I'd put on Big Z (well half a boneless shoulder from Costco), had developed a wonderful bark, and color. But the meat was not "loosening up" when temp probed. Getting a tiny bit worried I did what I say I never do. I wrapped, and pushed the temp about 20 degrees. When it hit 200 I pulled it and stuck in the cooler to rest.
Boy was I relieved, when I unwrapped it and it fell apart when I squeezed it a little. No fork needed. It pulled strictly by hand
It turned out great, Larry!

Sounds like a great time! And Bruce' technique on dying gets me thinking again about doing it, although painting sounds less intimidating. Larry, how did you decide on using the Big Z vs Members Mark?

Just had notification that my freshly dyed knobs and igniter switch are on the way back, once I get the replacement valve flange from Jon, I’ll be just about ready for final fabrication, polishing and assembly.
Now, I am hanging on my nephews time and skill.

Back