TV Dinner for the CEO

I love lamb and this rack looks lovely, especially with the sweet potato. Certainly goes on my "To Do" list.

However, when I read this, I nearly shat myself. I read it a couple of times just to make sure.
<snip>Then I take them and lay them around a perimeter of a dish with a little lip and use that lip as a cutting guide. I slice through almost all the way, leave enough so they stay together.<snip>

Unless you are using a knife that you have no concern for, I would suggest to find another template for your cutting guide. IMO, this will kill the cutting edge. Not only does this "dish" dull the edge, but it will likely put it in a condition that needs a professional's skill to get it back in line, unless of course, you posses those skills. My kitchen knives only touch wood or poly cutting boards and are run over a sharpening steel before each use. I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but I place a high value on knives. Mine are over thirty years old and still cut like brand new.

Great grilling Bill as always! The way I cut hasselbacks is to put wooden spoons on either side of the potato. I then slice the potato thin. The wooden spoons stop the knife from going all the way through and work as a good guide, and no knives are harmed.

Back