TV Dinner for the CEO

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So today the CEO and I are cooking for ourselves for a change, a little music while I work

tonightsmusic_zps15838ede.png

So took the second rack of Baby Lamb I got from Costco on sale a week or so ago. Trimmed the fat off. Made a pasty marinade of Dijon, EVOO, Worcestershire, Sage and S&P. Coated the meat and let it sit for about an hour and a half

DSC_1401_zps93c8cf21.jpg

Did some Hasselbachs including one which is a Sweet Potato, which is now my favorite. On the OTG with Stubbs

DSC_1402_zpsbe684120.jpg

A little refreshment for the Chef, this Beer is very good

DSC_1403_zpsf3e722d9.jpg

Rack on for a sear both sides

DSC_1404_zpsc0821829.jpg

Finished indirect to 130 IT and pulled. Done and heading in

DSC_1407_zps2467d60c.jpg

After a rest
DSC_1408_zpseda9faaf.jpg

TV Dinner for Two

DSC_1411_zps878953d4.jpg

Your plate with some nice red wine and some delicious Porta Bellas done in EVOO S&P, enjoy

DSC_1412_zps7f0444d5.jpg

Fantastic Bill!! Another wonderful job and the lamb is outstanding! My wife loves lamb... a must do this weekend.

Looks good Bill, where can I find information on how to prepare those spuds like that? Thanks for the plate.

Steve there may be a recipe somewhere but I do them my way after seeing some of these Masters on this site's versions.
I take whatever potato I am using ( and Sweet Potatoes will be in there for sure) and I microwave them for about ten minutes until just softening slightly. Then I take them and lay them around a perimeter of a dish with a little lip and use that lip as a cutting guide. I slice through almost all the way, leave enough so they stay together.
I spread the layers as I sprinkle with S&P, and then baste with melted butter. I put them on for about twenty minutes of the hot coals to finish and then baste again with melted butter and then turn them direct cut side down over the coals to finish for about ten minutes.
I put them on the side indirect while I do the main dish.
That's my version, hope it helps

Steve there may be a recipe somewhere but I do them my way after seeing some of these Masters on this site's versions.
I take whatever potato I am using ( and Sweet Potatoes will be in there for sure) and I microwave them for about ten minutes until just softening slightly. Then I take them and lay them around a perimeter of a dish with a little lip and use that lip as a cutting guide. I slice through almost all the way, leave enough so they stay together.
I spread the layers as I sprinkle with S&P, and then baste with melted butter. I put them on for about twenty minutes of the hot coals to finish and then baste again with melted butter and then turn them direct cut side down over the coals to finish for about ten minutes.

They look good Ill be trying them tomorrow with my baby backs

Another beautiful plate ... I always look forward to your upside down bottle cuz I know a plated work of art is about to hit my screen! ;)

Fantastic Bill! This is the first I have seen the Hasselbach's done with sweet potatoes. I will
definitely be given this one a shot!

So much better then the classic Salsibury steak TV dinner with cubed carrots and peas:). Very inspiring cook and thanks for comments on hasselbacks!

Thanks Bill

I love sweet potatoes will be trying them this way next weekend.

Last edited:
Nice cook Bill...dinner for three? What ? I missed the invite!! I just had that blue moon couple weekends ago and loved it too!!

Nice comfy meal!!

Jeez! For my anniversary next year, do you think I can book a table at 'Chez William'? Good stuff - good friend!

Back