Turn your 22" into a performer carts for $219

I got one of those from my wife! Very sturdy, one thing I’ve found in using it as a dedicated rotisserie unit is that the front panel is discoloring a little. But, all in all, it’s very nice! Maybe 45 minutes to assemble. I like it. They had a deal for $199. When I got mine back in May
Mine is the “BBQmall” version.
one thing I’m considering is moving the condiment basket to the “cooler end for ease of access to the ash sweep handle( and bucket, of course).

Last edited:
I got one of those from my wife! Very sturdy, one thing I’ve found in using it as a dedicated rotisserie unit is that the front panel is discoloring a little. But, all in all, it’s very nice! Maybe 45 minutes to assemble. I like it. They had a deal for $199. When I got mine back in May
Mine is the “BBQmall” version.
one thing I’m considering is moving the condiment basket to the “cooler end for ease of access to the ash sweep handle( and bucket, of course).
How does the grill attach to the cart?

Thanks Duane! Yes, no drilling required! The brackets are made with slots so you can use the same unit for an 18” kettle just as easily, nice piece of equipment!

I added to my Christmas list for my wife and kids. Instead of searching for a platypus, I can just get this cart and convert my kettle.

This looks like a good option for giving older kettles a new life
Definitely less hassle than trying to retro fit a standard kettle into a second hand Performer cart.

I noticed that the kettle will sit slightly higher in this cart than it would in performer cart.

It would probably require a custom cover.

Last edited:
I’ve set mine up as a dedicated rotisserie kettle so, I’ve built a bit of a collapsible framework and simply lashed a tarp over it. I’ll fine tune it next year or after I use it next.

I added to my Christmas list for my wife and kids. Instead of searching for a platypus, I can just get this cart and convert my kettle.
Its funny, I have been looking for a Platypus ( Weber Platinum) for the Crimson kettle I received from Weber as a warranty replacement.
I decided to put it in a standard performer cart. I wasn't able to find a Weber Platinum on FB marketplace or anywhere else. I did score a really good deal on a Standard Performer 22" cart and threw a Crimson kettle in that. Well yesterday I stumbled across a Platypus on the FB MP, not far away from where I live. The side tables seem to be in decent condition.

for $125.00, I'll try to get it for 100.00 & find a nice Master Touch to drop in there.

Platypus.pngPlatypus 2.png

Weber Performer Mod 3.JPG

Attachments

• Weber Performer Mod 3.JPG
    Weber Performer Mod 3.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Finally assembled the cart and moved my 22" kettle over to it. Here are the pictures before and after. I do like it and can't wait to start using it. I rescued this kettle from the lady I bought my 18.5 WSM from for $30 over the cost of the WSM. The welds on the leg holders are starting to fail and it's got a few bumps and bruises, but otherwise it is in good shape.
20240128_155300.jpg 20240128_164131.jpg

They got to be aware that the public wants this in a larger size for a 26er, right?
Funny most bbq stores that sell or make weber accesories forget about the 26! Onlyfire makes a kamado style insert for the 22 and if they would make it for the 26in I wouldn't need a WSK.
1707603430248.png

Last edited:

Back