Turkey Talk forum now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich, can you tell any difference in taste in a turkey that has been frozen a year and a turkey that is new?

Frozen Butterballs at $1.97/lb at the local Vons(Safeway).

I may get one this weekend and somehow fit it in the freezer for Thanksgiving. Gotta do the whole 'turkey' thang! Turkey dinner repeat, turkey tacos, turkey omelets, turkey soup, cold turkey wings...(y)

I'm like Ralph's dad in Christmas Story! :giggle:

[edit] correction: the Von's flyer says $1.47/lb coupon price

Last edited:
Rich, can you tell any difference in taste in a turkey that has been frozen a year and a turkey that is new?
That's a hard question to answer. We always get butterballs for the holiday meals and the ones we pick up on sale are usually the off brands or store brands. Both of us can tell the difference between those no matter how long we've had them in the freezer. I cooked one up in September that was in the freezer from Thanksgiving of last year and it was fine. Although my 75 year old taste buds probably aren't as sharp as they used to be.

Well, Miriam reorganized the freezers and made room for 2 or 3, 10 to 12 pounders. Did a little shopping at Walmart and picked a 12# Jenny-O for Thanksgiving. We got home and, almost at the same time said, "why did we only get one :) The old brains are fading fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back