Turkey drumsticks and ribs

Christopher H

TVWBB Fan
I did this cook on a beautiful but hot Michigan Sunday (yesterday). It got up to 90 and a little humid. I rubbed the turkey drumsticks with some chipotle sea salt, garlic and smokehouse maple seasoning and the ribs I did sea salt, garlic, worchestershire sauce and Carribbean jerk seasoning. I set the smoker up and got it to 275, threw the meat on along with 2 fist sized apple chunks and a handful of Jack Daniels wood chips.

I smoked for about 3.5 hours. I don't use a water pan, didn't wrap the ribs or mop or anything and man did everyone love them! I love experimenting new ways to cook the ribs and these were done perfectly. Internal temp read 189 so they had the perfect moist texture and just enough pull off the bone. They were definitely up there with some of the best ribs I've done before. The turkey legs went like hot cakes too. Fortunately I still have 6 left in the freezer for another day.

vrLJ6.jpg

I think you nailed it. Kinda wish I'd picked up some turkey legs and ribs before I left the store.

Back