TS Andrea Pork Loin

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
I posted down in the receipe section on Thursday since TS Andrea was rolling through and I had nothing to do, so I went to the store to get some stuff and make some rubs, while I was there I found a sale one boneless CC loins, so why not, after cutting some nice chops for the wife and I here we go, my first shot at a pork loin on the new wsm.

I think it's a great price

using my basic rib rub

3/4 ring and all apple wood

3/4 chimney since I want to be between 300 and 235

and she is on

I will post more later unless I partake in too many Corona's
If anyone has any suggestions/ advice, please chime in
thanks for looking and later my friends

pork is at 145 already I think way too soon, should i remove and let rest at this point, sides not ready yet

Loin is now resting maybe good that it is doon early thunderstorms rolling in

while the loin is resting trying a garlic mashed potato on a ceder plank I saw here on the site

well the Florida Thunder has hit, hope I can salvage those smoked mash potatoes, shut the top vent and opened all the bottoms

Well here it is guys, no veggies on the plate as the rain shut me down, I should have pulled the meat off 5 or 10 degrees sooner, the ceder plank mashed potatoes were fantastic, thank you for the member that posted his cook doing that.

and the plate with no veggies

Thanks for looking my friends, I gave this meal a 6 out of 10, I really liked the smoked smashed potatoes , thanks again member
I am always looking for comments and ways to improve my cooks, any comments are welcome
Well I think it's time for another beer and a cigar
Later
Dave

Everything looks really delicious Dave! I usually pull my loins off at 135 and let rest. But yours does not look overcooked to me.

thanks guys and Mike I pulled them off at 147, like I said 10 degrees does make a difference, I will also use a sweeter rub next time

Looks good from here. I like loin at 140 so I usually pull it at 135 and wrap in tinfoil. That will bring the core temp up to the 140.

Back