Trying Chuck on the Kettle

GGross

TVWBB Pro
Rubbing it, it's a Chuck and then some beef short ribs which I have never done but thought I would give a try

Lit the snake

On the grill

4 hours in

That looks great - nice snake technique and great looking color on that beef! Please let us know how they worked out taste and tenderness wise. We are in the middle of a busy weekend and between softball tournaments, chores, and rain I am not going to get any grilling in (although I did begin rehabilitating an OTS I rescued on CL). We are off to the ball park so my wife and I put a chuck roast in the crock pot to have when we get back. As I was prepping the meat, I was wondering how it would work out if I smoked it on the WhoDat Mini WSM instead. I'll be very interested in hearing how you enjoyed the smoked chuck roast...

Regards,

John

Foiled it and was going to go to 190 but took my eye off it for too long and it actually hit 200 internal temp. Forked it and it was really good.

Great looking beef. I like your snake method. I've never tried it. Looks like it worked really good for you.

Great looking beef. I like your snake method. I've never tried it. Looks like it worked really good for you.

The snake keeps the kettle above 250 and below 300 with moderate temps outside. It will last about 6 hours with the bottom vents wide open and top vent about 1/2. I do this because I have confidence in the method and can leave it to do other things for a couple hours.

I don't know how to ask this G without sounding like an old skeezer: daughter's fingernails? yours? wives? You're messin' with me :) Pulled beef looks great, btw!

Back