Tri tip might be my new favorite!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bob Bass Tri-tip is even more delicious if cooked over Coastal Red Oak !

Even better over mesquite...
ummm, sorry Noe, I truly do appreciate your Texan dedication to home land mesquite wood and it's flavours....
but I stopped using mesquite after my third smoke .... certainly must be an acquired taste.
One I will pass on. Hickory and red oak are my choices for Tri Tip or any beef, for that matter.

we have enjoyed the Morton's of Chicago marinated tri-tips at Costco.

The last few in our freezer were 6.99/lb, I believe. The Costco in Ann Arbor is not very consistent about stocking them, unfortunately.

Eric, where did you find it? I visit my parents in Cherry Valley occasionally and it would be easy for me to take a couple of tri-tips home in a cooler. Thanks!

I had my first tri-tip last week and really liked the flavor. I got it for $4.99/lb because it was in the discount meat case, so I'm guessing it was probably at least a couple of bucks more originally.

- - - Updated - - -

Eric, where did you find it? I visit my parents in Cherry Valley occasionally and it would be easy for me to take a couple of tri-tips home in a cooler. Thanks!

I had my first tri-tip last week and really liked the flavor. I got it for $4.99/lb because it was in the discount meat case, so I'm guessing it was probably at least a couple of bucks more originally.

Countryside meats in Rockford has them. Its actually right by Cherry Valley. :)

Back