Tri-Tip Lunch

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
One of the things I have picked up since I came here and some other boards is the heaven that tri-tip is. Unfortunately, living in South Jersey, getting tri-tip has been difficult. The only place I have found that sells it is Trader Joe's, nearly and hour away. Of course, it is expensive there too.

Last week I tried out a new butcher. I was very impressed. As one may have guessed, they carry tri-tip at $3.99/lb. Through some weirdness, even though I picked a roast up last week, there was no time to cook it until today.

I wasn't up for marinating, so I rubbed the thing with Chris's recommendation in the cooking section. I tossed on a few carrots and a pepper too.

My goodness, lunch doesn't get any better than this. This was perfectly seasoned. My wife even enjoyed this (she isn't much for beef normally). All I know is that I am very happy to be have been turned onto tri-tip from you folks. Now that I know I can get this locally, it will be on the menu far more frequently.

Yum!

4533448466_4d1e9d2671.jpg

4532815535_e5fb9018a0.jpg

i cooked my first tri tip a couple weeks ago. have done 3 more since then. luckily i live in los angeles and can drive a few miles to costco and buy some any time i want.

my favorite rub so far has been the chef merito carne asada seasoning.

this is definitely a cut of beef to be reckoned with.

Congrats RD on finding a source for Tri-Tips,
And on a great looking cook!!

My new beef favorites, thanks to TVWB, are Tris, and Sirloins.

lookin' good.

I too love the hive mind that is this board. Its like a giant, barbecued brain that collects all our random thoughts. There's just too much for me to know and remember, its a good thing I have a place to dump my cooks or I'd forget even what I did.

Looks great RD. I picked one up at TJ's to cook today. I won't say what I paid, but it's a nice looking piece of meat. I figure I deserve a treat every now and then and today is now. Is that the reverse sear?

Back