Tri Tip for the Bronco's game. Go Broncos!

HVanorden

TVWBB Fan
I came across Dean Richardson's post on Santa Maria Tri Tip and that it was a perfect pick for the broncos game. This was my first time doing Tri tip and I've actually only eaten it a couple of times in restaurants. I'm really glad I stumbled upon Dean's post, cause it turned out great! I'll definitely being doing this one again. Here's his post for those that aren't familiar with it:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?37752-Santa-Maria-Tri-Tip

Rubbed up and thrown on the performer:
20140119_131953.jpg

Here's we are about 110 IT and basted with the recipe noted in Dean's post. The only thing I changed was that I used fresh cilantro instead of parsley cause I was out of parsley. (plus I love cilantro ;))

The wood for smoke was Oak donated by S Six. (It pays to live close to another enthusiast)

20140119_135756.jpg

I stole a page out of Tony R's book and posted a Instagram video of the reverse searing:
http://instagram.com/p/jX1CFfwzck/

Sliced up. It was very tasty and juicy. Big thanks to Dean!

20140119_143412.jpg

And to top it off, our lucky jersey paid off, and our Bronco's sent the Pat's home crying.........cheaters never prosper ;) Now to start planning a Super Bowl cook!

20140119_171916.jpg

Last edited:
Nice try tip my friend.
The link is not working. Did you hashtag it? I can try to copy and paste for you.

If you didn't hashtag #tvwbb so we can find it. Just put it in the comment section.

Congrats to the Broncos! My hope is that you get to meet my 9ers in a couple weeks. No matter who shows up, Manning is a special person and QB. I'll root for my 9ers if they get to the "game", but Manning is all class and all world.

Tri Tip looks great. So does the jersey on your son!

Just added the hashtag. I've never posted an instagram anywhere outside of instagram. Still learning I guess.

What hash tag did you use? I can't find you.
Follow me @ tonyymaribel and then I can look up the pic.

Tri top was spot on as were the BRONCO'S. Looks like we will be BBQ'n Seahawks in a couple of weeks. :)

What hash tag did you use? I can't find you.
Follow me @ tonyymaribel and then I can look up the pic.

I just sent you a request to follow (I'm @hankvanorden).
I used #tvwbb as the hashtag. I did a search on it and I was able to find it in there.

Back