Tri Tip and Crash-Hot-Potatoes

DaleW

TVWBB Pro
OK, tri tip I know--cook it all the time. But this was my first with crash-hot-potatoes. I see Lampe bragging about his crashers all the time, and they sure look good; so I decided it was time I figured it out! First, the tri tip trimmed and seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning.
20121220165318.jpg

I cooked it indirect to internal of 125F, then pulled to rest while the crash hots went on.
20121220182313.jpg

The crash hot potatoes were on for about 20 minutes so time to sear the tri tip.
20121220185034.jpg

20121220185159.jpg

Crash hots continued to get happy while the tri tip rested, then got sliced.
20121220190447.jpg

Served with my bride's green beans.
20121220190910.jpg

20121220190923.jpg

Forgot to snap a pic of the wine; it was a Napa Cabernet. Thanks for viewing!

Dale, the tri tip, crash hots and beans look fantastic! I would love to sit down to that meal right now. Great job!

My Wife just saw the photos and she said "Look at that TriTip and what are them other things" Crash potatoes I Said. She said "Wow! Lets have that some time. Them photos look just as great as the meal". Now, I am going to have to reproduce this meal. LoL. Thank's for sharing,Dale W.

Great looking tri tip!!! I was going to do one today too but had a lot of running around today to do so I broke out the crock pot and made some beef stew instead. At least we have the weather for it. I have yet to try the crash hots.

Nice looking meal!!!! With this beautiful weather in Cali I should be outside grilling also :)

Dale,

I have to tell you, I'm often inspired by meals I see on here and will try different things, but because of your post I just pulled a Tri Tip out of the freezer for tomorrow. Outstanding!

Dale,

I have to tell you, I'm often inspired by meals I see on here and will try different things, but because of your post I just pulled a Tri Tip out of the freezer for tomorrow. Outstanding!

I agree with you Jon...

Back