Trend thermometer problems AGAIN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just got my replacement Model 33 today.I can't believe this one is no good also.It reads 200* in boiling water,my first one read 202*.I'm all done with Trend.I have a Grangier not to far away,I think I'm going to try an Ashcroft.Can anyone recommend what model.I do want to say that Allied was really good about getting out a replacement but it was all for nothing,has anyone else had a problem with these,very discouraging when you get 2 and there both junk!Well anyway thats my problem for the day see ya!
Bob

I'm not aware of a problem with the quality of Trend thermometers. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hopefully you'll be able to find something locally that works well for you.

Regards,
Chris

We like the large dial, short probe Ashcroft. Will take about a 7/8 inch hole. We have bought lots of these and every one works great. Just put two of them on our old mobile. Every one of our WSM's have them. We also give them as gifts to clients and fiends that get WSM's. All of them are working great. Best way to cut hole is to use the Greenlee conduit hole cutter sold at Home Depot in electrical department. Drill hole for pilot, assemble cutter and crank with a wrench. 7/8 hole in a few minutes, nice clean cut. Will need a special bolt or fitting for the thermo. Take the thermo with you and you will find a brass fitting in the plumbing section that has brass parts and such that will have the correct threads. Then get two large washers that will fit the thermo in the nuts and bolts department. Pop a cold one and fire that thing up.

Dennis, can you provide a model number for the one you use and where you get them from? Thanks!

I believe Dennis and I use the model# 2A607. Let me double check that though. The pictures on Grainger's web site don't match what I have.

Dennis --

Just what kinda fiends are you talkin about? Like Konrad or like the
Car Dogs? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

In either case, ya just gotta be careful!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back