Trade my 18" WSM for 14"-Cincinnati area

Les Stubby

TVWBB Fan
I have an 18" WSM which gets very little use, and it takes up too much space on my deck. My Weber kettle gets most of the action. Our children are grown so a 14 should be plenty big for two folks. Would like to trade even. 18 is about ten years old.

Les

Give it some time or use Craigslist list to sell/but.

I already did this for exactly the same reasons. Very pleased I did. I sold the 10 yr old 18 to a friend. Decided I still wanted to be able to smoke. Found a 14.5 on Craigslist list immediately and it had been used only once. Cost me $25 difference, but well worth it and love using the 14.5.

Give it some time or use Craigslist list to sell/but.

I already did this for exactly the same reasons. Very pleased I did. I sold the 10 yr old 18 to a friend. Decided I still wanted to be able to smoke. Found a 14.5 on Craigslist list immediately and it had been used only once. Cost me $25 difference, but well worth it and love using the 14.5.
Rich
Also a 69 Tar Heel"

Just a "bump" like you did renews the thread. I think you have a great deal going if you can just find someone that would rather have the 18" over the 14".

Sold my 18 on FBMP, easy peasy. Kept the 14 WSM. It is great for the two of us. It may be tough finding someone willing to part with their 14 WSM.

Colin
Thanks. You may be right.
The 18 does offer a lot of flexibility; I'm just looking for something that takes up less space.

Les

Is the footprint really that much smaller? I like my 18, relative to the 22” my brother had, I can see how if you’re really limited it might be enough smaller for you to see the benefit.
I understand the desire for more room on a deck, my wife keeps adding plants (which I have to move for her) to our deck. I’m going to need to make her stop come spring so I can stain the thing!

Timothy

You're probably right about the footprint and I did manage to cook a couple slabs of BB ribs Saturday using only the top wrack. Maybe I'll just let it slide.

Les

Back