Torrid Tuesday Twirling!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It was 94 with a heat index of 104 this evening! this is what I call “Africa Hot” and the less movement I can do in this the more time I can be sweating less!
I got this 5# bird out to do last night but, the post garage door cocktail hour ran long.
I did the under the bird baby potato project for the first time, I’m pretty pleased.
44578FF8-93D6-4DBD-8662-724609B8E862.jpeg

I have to say, it worked out beautifully!

Looks awesome Tim. Did you cook the bird over the taters to catch the drippings. That's my favorite method with Duck, but works well with just about any winged cook

Looks awesome Tim. Did you cook the bird over the taters to catch the drippings. That's my favorite method with Duck, but works well with just about any winged cook
Yes Chuck, that is exactly what I tried. With duck I bet it’s fantastic! I swear it may have been the first run but, will NOT be the last! I think I will add carrots or some parsnips for fun! It was a darned good bird. I used some Heath Riles peach rub, not bad.

It was 94 with a heat index of 104 this evening! this is what I call “Africa Hot” and the less movement I can do in this the more time I can be sweating less!
I got this 5# bird out to do last night but, the post garage door cocktail hour ran long.
I did the under the bird baby potato project for the first time, I’m pretty pleased.
View attachment 52946

I have to say, it worked out beautifully!
Looks like you didn't save me a drumstick.........

Looks great Tim. Been a long time since I've spun a whole bird. Just don't buy them anymore, not when I can get thighs and quarters for $.99 lb. vs. $2.50 for whole birds.
But after seeing yours I may have to try it again.
Been 100 here last three days and coming into the monsoon season. Hot and humid making me hug my slow cooker and instant pot. Having a cool one and listing to the A/C hum away. (y)

Thanks everyone! Finding whole chickens seems to be a bit chancy right now, my regular Meijer store is doing a Hugh remodeling and it’s a freaking mess! Chatted with the butcher this morning and he says it’s a big headache for him too!
nice fellow he takes what he gets for the most part. They have not finished installing his cooler yet and he’s tired of the mess.

Back