Toronto Baseball Fans

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
19th inning and 50% of the fans have left in an afternoon game (holiday).

Last edited:
A game that will be talked about for year's & year's Len, There pitching crew must be wore out like a old tire.

My point Jim, is that it's a holiday, no one is working it's only 5pm, there's plenty of food and drink, they pay (too much) to see a game, they get two games for the price of one and then they leave in a 1-1 marathon without staying to see the end.

That's my point.

Ok, gotcha Len!
suppose i could see a few leaving, the not-so-much-baseball-fan...

another game earlier in the week with a rain delay of 3 hours and only family members of players were left in the stands when the game resumed at 2:30 am or something like that... i get that.

another game earlier in the week with a rain delay of 3 hours and only family members of players were left in the stands when the game resumed at 2:30 am or something like that... i get that.

You mean the Rockies game vs the Jays with hail and flooding and the like that started at 11.30 my time (I watched the top half of the 1st and couldn't keep my eyes open any longer) ;) Saw a clip with a guy wading through 2 ft of water in the dugout hall. Amazing the grounds crew got the field so pristine (for the most part) after that monsoon.

In an Oakland game a few weeks ago, pitching got so thin that they pitched a 28 year old infielder
who had not pitched since high school 10 years earlier. Those 50% who left early in Toronto were the "fans" who
go for the party, not the real fans.

In an Oakland game a few weeks ago, pitching got so thin that they pitched a 28 year old infielder
who had not pitched since high school 10 years earlier. Those 50% who left early in Toronto were the "fans" who
go for the party, not the real fans.

And the rest of us can't get tx.

So many pitchers used last night, Indians used today's starter last night and Jays went with two position players, one who pitched in college and the other, last time was in Little League. It was a treat to watch in any case.

Back