Too hot to grill today. Old school ragu 50/50 beef and pork slow simmered

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Early swim meet plus 103° makes for a tired me. I think I drank almost 2 gallons of water today.

Simple old school ragu for dinner. It’s a 50/50 beef and pork, seasonings, EVOO cooked in sautéed tomato paste and then added crushed tomatoes. Enjoy!

1656210655401.jpeg

1656211079486.jpeg

1656211103196.jpeg

1656211131681.jpeg

Food looks good for a tired person.
I know what you mean after swim meets being tired. I have timed and starter many meets. (to many to count)
The wife coach swim team for 20 years and I’m glad she been retired for last 15 years.

Ooo...love me a nice ragu! Though we tend to do the opposite...do that on the cool days and cook outside on the hot ones.

103°....yikes!! 95° is typically the hottest we EVER get and that is considered exteme and rarely lasts more than just a day. Though, these days as the planet melts, we are seeing upwards trends.

Food looks good for a tired person.
I know what you mean after swim meets being tired. I have timed and starter many meets. (to many to count)
The wife coach swim team for 20 years and I’m glad she been retired for last 15 years.
it's a little work on the front end and then a nap in the middle. so long as it's slow and low, it never burns and gets better with more cooktime.

our swimmer's career is about to end, both sadly and happily. i look forward to getting my Saturday's back and not rising before dawn on weekends. Fifteen years of this, across two kids. I paid my dues and did my time, and call it a success. was a Board member for 8 of those years and parent volunteer coordinator too. i'm sure we'll fill this new found time with small getaways and trips.

Ooo...love me a nice ragu! Though we tend to do the opposite...do that on the cool days and cook outside on the hot ones.

103°....yikes!! 95° is typically the hottest we EVER get and that is considered exteme and rarely lasts more than just a day. Though, these days as the planet melts, we are seeing upwards trends.
lazy man's food. set it and forget it. grilling would have killed me. it was 104F yesterday and the heat wave breaks tomorrow, finally. a week of over 101F temps, up to 104F really wears on me. and thank the lord we like to drink water. feeling like a fish of late. can report the kidney are functioning well! of course, in between wine, coors lights and a few margs.

in the winter, we do a soup sundays tradition. a new soup (or a repeat if asked for). winter soup just feels good.

Early swim meet plus 103° makes for a tired me. I think I drank almost 2 gallons of water today.

Simple old school ragu for dinner. It’s a 50/50 beef and pork, seasonings, EVOO cooked in sautéed tomato paste and then added crushed tomatoes. Enjoy!

View attachment 53836

View attachment 53837

View attachment 53838

View attachment 53839
Nice looking Ragu!

Not quite 100 here today but too hot for me to grill. Doing a 3 1/2 lb. Mississippi Pot Roast in the Instant Pot and some garlic mashed spuds. After planting potatoes and a tomato to replace one that died, enjoying the AC. Getting soft with age:)

That Ragu looks terrific, I would take a plate of that anytime.
We were hoping that last summer was an anomaly, we had three weeks of 105+ every day. Looks like we are headed there again.
Been in the high 90s and touching 100 a couple of days and we are in the mountains of Arizona at over 5500 ft. we are also in the monsoon season, and it isn't really pleasant when it's pouring and 100 outside. It gets so humid you could cut the air with a knife.
My instant pot and slow cooker are my friends when it's in the 100s.
My SRDs (spoiled rotten dogs) even have their own floor fans to help keep them cool even with the air on.

enjoying the AC. Getting soft with age:)
don't forget a nice cold one for yourself. the simple pleasures are what make the daily grind just easier.

enjoy your pot roast. curious which cut you're using. we do love a jewish style brisket "pot roast." and classic mased spuds. mmmmm.

That Ragu looks terrific, I would take a plate of that anytime.
We were hoping that last summer was an anomaly, we had three weeks of 105+ every day. Looks like we are headed there again.
Been in the high 90s and touching 100 a couple of days and we are in the mountains of Arizona at over 5500 ft. we are also in the monsoon season, and it isn't really pleasant when it's pouring and 100 outside. It gets so humid you could cut the air with a knife.
My instant pot and slow cooker are my friends when it's in the 100s.
My SRDs (spoiled rotten dogs) even have their own floor fans to help keep them cool even with the air on.
you have a nice part of AZ there. I sent off a client to Prescott last year. some really spectacular custom homes on the golf course there. and the mountain vistas were A+. i'm expanding my business to AZ next as i have a client and good friend that just bought land to develop over time.

i'm betting the east coast bbq'rs are laughing at us west coasters, complaining about heat and sun. trust us all, it's just too hot to tend to a fire in 100F heat. i'll do a late chicken dinner after the sun goes over my neighbors house just to get some shade when i grill. 630P start time usually is a good start. dinner can be plated by 730/745 then, when it's still 90+ outside.

We’re big soup lovers too! We love all the 4 seasons we get here in PA but I think Fall and Winter are our favorites.
our 4 seasons: Jan-Mar: rain; Apr-Jun: hot; Jul-Sept: hotter; Oct-Dec: warm into rain :ROFLMAO:

or 49ers, Giants, Giants and training camp, MLB Playoffs & World Series and 49rs.

don't forget a nice cold one for yourself. the simple pleasures are what make the daily grind just easier.

enjoy your pot roast. curious which cut you're using. we do love a jewish style brisket "pot roast." and classic mased spuds. mmmmm.
Only one cold one? Surely you jest:)
Thanks!
Boneless chuck roast. It turned out great.

Back