Tony's Carne Recipe, Tony's Beans and Grilled Romaine

Jeff GB

TVWBB Member
Decided to try out Tony's marinade for carne asada. Very tasty! Thanks bro. We have been watching Tony's posts on refried beans and decided to give it try. Normally, we just buy rice and beans from a local Mexican joint but my gosh, homemade refried beans are even better....and to my surprise they are amazingly easy to do. And for the kicker, I decided to finally try Grilled Romaine. WOW!!! This was surprisingly very good. For those who have not tried Grilled Romaine, you have to give it go...the flavor profile changes with the grill and it was like eating a gourmet grilled caesar salad at a high end Steak house.

Carne getting happy!

Prepping the beans. Fresh peppers from in-laws garden...

Oil, onions and pepper getting some flavor on the CI

So so easy to do this...and really tastes good!

Carne on the 22.5 OTG....

Ready to eat!

Grilled Romaine. Sorry no action shots on the grill...

Finished product

Carne tacos turned incredible!

Man, how easy are those beans....my son had 2 servings and gobbled up the leftovers the next day. Beans, beans, they are good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you.....Ha!

Thanks for looking! And thanks again to Tony and Maribel for inspiring me to do our own beans! We also tried your rice recipe this week and it was tasty!

Jeff everything looks great! I'll take a plate. Have not done any of those on the grill...one of these days.

Those tacos look delicious. Glad you like the bean recipe. My mother told me about the bushs pinto beans.

Try to get natural pork Manteca from the meat markets in so cal. They are light brown in color. A couple of tbs of that and man it's the best thing ever.

Thanks Tony. I will check out our local Ranch Market in Redlands - my goto place for all things Mexican!

You stole my thunder! I'm doing his entire cook with his rice tomorrow! All from scratch. This site is great and glad to see another great version of this recipe before I sail my maiden voyage. Looks so good! ;)

John we did some rice earlier this week and it was fantastic. Probably the best we ever cooked. Followed T&M's recipe exactly. Made for good leftovers too

Back