Tongs and Spatula Set

MikeAlt

TVWBB Member
Precision Tongs and Spatula set #6771 or
Deluxe Tool Set Tongs and Spatula #6707
Which one is better for grilling?
Thanks

Those are both nice looking sets that I haven't seen before. Now I have something that I'd actually like to get for Xmas

I don't have either, but I like my grilllight tongs and spatula, especially this time of year.

Edit. Here's a link. GRILLIGHT 2-Piece Stainless Steel LED Spatula & Tong BBQ Grilling Set | Restaurant Grade Tools with Built-In LED Flashlight Handle | Waterproof & Dishwasher Safe | Super Bright to Grill in the Dark https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM8Y32Y/?tag=tvwb-20

20211121_175826.jpg20211121_175929.jpg

F2CE3A0E-425C-4163-B6C9-A4ACB5C7E5FE.jpegI have a good Weber spatula like one in one of those you posted and like it. I use this tong though, it’s expensive on Amazon but I love these.

SS, inexpensive, last for years, own three sets, dishwasher safe, nothing to break off, easy to own, durable and did I say inexpensive? Have used these for years and they’re great quality.

To me, less is more and I like the simple cleanup aspect, and the wife too. Drop in dishwasher and walk away.

Winco Coiled Spring Heavyweight Stainless Steel Utility Tong, 16-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VZAMME/?tag=tvwb-20

1637550772718.png

I'm with Brett - I have a similar pair. I also use mine to precision place lit charcoal when needed. Dan's flashlight tongs are pretty nifty too. There are some tongs out there where there is no real hinge and the tongs are formed out of one piece of stainless, so the tongs are held open by "natural spring action".... I do not care for those things at all. Below is what my grilling spatula looks like. I really like it for burgers and tuna steaks, and salmon. if you grill fish such as tilapia you may want to get one of those specialty extra wide units... only if you grill A LOT of fish, otherwise I don't think it's worth the space required to store while not using.

1637552797607.png

I'm with Brett - I have a similar pair. I also use mine to precision place lit charcoal when needed. Dan's flashlight tongs are pretty nifty too. There are some tongs out there where there is no real hinge and the tongs are formed out of one piece of stainless, so the tongs are held open by "natural spring action".... I do not care for those things at all. Below is what my grilling spatula looks like. I really like it for burgers and tuna steaks, and salmon. if you grill fish such as tilapia you may want to get one of those specialty extra wide units... only if you grill A LOT of fish, otherwise I don't think it's worth the space required to store while not using.

View attachment 40973
I once had a set of the single piece, natural spring and they finally broke after 10 years of use. These spring action ones are still going as I owned both at nearly the same interval.

I try to keep all my cooking tools SS only with no adornments. Easy to clean and easy to own. Plastic and wood bits always fail.

And when those leather tool loops for hanging stuff fails, I install metal wire, the kind you use on luggage tags for cruises.

They have a screw down barrel to connect the ends and they never rust because they too are SS.

Stainless Steel Wire Keychains 1.5mm 6.3 Inches Aircraft Cable Key Ring Loops for Hanging Luggage Tags or ID Tags (25 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GNL4G5/?tag=tvwb-20

1637577699444.jpeg

Winco, Vollrath, Dexter. Commercial caliber is the stuff I have. One of my wife’s son’s buddies gave me a pair of well used Winco tongs over thirty years ago and they still show no apparent failures. Buy GOOD equipment, it will provide many years of service. My Dexter perforated spatula is over 25 years old and looks darned near new.

I scored this (3) piece Weber set, part number 6630 for $15 a couple of months ago via Target's fall close-out sales. I don't really need them but at that price I guess I really do!

That's the set I have - minus the fork.

Works great, can close the tongs with one hand. I use the spatula to lift the grill grates sometimes and it's still going strong.

I don't have either, but I like my grilllight tongs and spatula, especially this time of year.

Edit. Here's a link. GRILLIGHT 2-Piece Stainless Steel LED Spatula & Tong BBQ Grilling Set | Restaurant Grade Tools with Built-In LED Flashlight Handle | Waterproof & Dishwasher Safe | Super Bright to Grill in the Dark https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM8Y32Y/?tag=tvwb-20

View attachment 40959View attachment 40961
Thanks for posting that - Just what I needed right when I am trying to reign in my toy purchasing:LOL:. It is a pretty cool idea. I can see at least having the spatula as part of my arsenal - someday!

Thanks for posting that - Just what I needed right when I am trying to reign in my toy purchasing:LOL:. It is a pretty cool idea. I can see at least having the spatula as part of my arsenal - someday!
I use the lighted tongs more than the spatula, however both have perfect patterns of light on the grill.

The tongs lock and unlock one handed with a pin using gravity to lock or unlock.

Flashlight slides out so the tool can go in the dishwasher.

Sorry to chime in late, but I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. I don't have any grill tongs or spatulas. I just use the regular ones we use in the kitchen. My big secret is that I use a course sharpening stone every so often to keep a bit of a cutting edge on my spatula. Good for scraping pans, grates, separating frozen burgers, opening packages, removing anything that sticks to a baking sheet, cutting chicken breasts in half, etc.

Back