Today = Ribs

Chris Mills

TVWBB Fan
Ok, the process so far.....

Ribs rubbed and waiting to go on the smoker.
ribs1.jpg

Start smoking! You'll notice I have the trimmings stacked and stuck wherever they would fit on the top grate since I didn't feel like using the bottom.
ribs2.jpg

Ready to get wrapped.

ribs3.jpg

Brown sugar and honey coating for each rack and the trimmed pieces.

ribs4.jpg

Back on the smoker for another 1-2 hours. I'll check how they are doing about 5:30.

ribs5.jpg

Final results:

ribs6.jpg

ribs7.jpg

ribs8.jpg

Chris those ribs look GREAT!!!I have one question? Did you use the 3-2-1-method? Did you finish them off in the oven or in thoses pans directly in the smoker? I thought you had to foil each one separately. Never thinking of the pans. I still haven't tryed ribs but I thinking I'm going to do the basic for newbee's Again thanks for making me hungry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
Chris those ribs look GREAT!!!I have one question? Did you use the 3-2-1-method? Did you finish them off in the oven or in thoses pans directly in the smoker? I thought you had to foil each one separately. Never thinking of the pans. I still haven't tryed ribs but I thinking I'm going to do the basic for newbee's Again thanks for making me hungry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was more like 3.5/1.5/1 followed up by about 15 minutes on the kettle to set the sauce I put on 2 of the racks. The pans I just used to carry inside and after I sliced things up.

I usually don't foil but I have the last couple of sessions since I'm really liking the brown sugar/honey combo.

I also did wrap individually, thats just the big stack when I put them back on the smoker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
They look great, but how did they TASTE????
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic.
icon_smile.gif
Just a bit of pull leaving a nice clean bone. I usually end up doing sauce on a rack or two and some dry since my wife and kids have varying preferences.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Mills:
Fantastic.
icon_smile.gif
Just a bit of pull leaving a nice clean bone. I usually end up doing sauce on a rack or two and some dry since my wife and kids have varying preferences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like them that way, just a tug.

My little sis loved the first all dry rack I did, but she crushed the last sauced set I did with a finish over coals.

Glad they were great!

Fantastic looking ribs. What kind of fuel did you use? Also, what type and how much smoke wood did you use? One more question then I'll shut up. What kind of rib rack is that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Forwe:
Fantastic looking ribs. What kind of fuel did you use? Also, what type and how much smoke wood did you use? One more question then I'll shut up. What kind of rib rack is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just regular Kingsford for this. I ran out of Wicked Good lump and I have yet to restock. I also used 3 good size chunks of maple along with a single chunk of oak.

The rib racks (I have 2) I've had for a while. They are the Platinum Rib Rack from over at the Barbeque Store. Very solidly built and I just throw them in the dishwasher when finished.

Great Job Chris. Question for you, how sweet are the ribs with all that brown sugar and honey On them? I'm going to be cooking a few racks of spares for the family and some friends this weekend and would like to try that. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
Great Job Chris. Question for you, how sweet are the ribs with all that brown sugar and honey On them? I'm going to be cooking a few racks of spares for the family and some friends this weekend and would like to try that. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not super sweet. I used the BRITU rub which is a bit on the salty side so I'm guessing that helped even things out a bit. I think I'm going to try it next time w/ a spicier rub to see if I can't get a nice spicy/sweet combo working.

I don't have any pineapple juice on hand for foiling, but I think I will just stick with the brown sugar on my spares I'm about to throw on.

Looking forward to a good batch of ribs, its been at least 2 months since I've last made any.

I'm going for a thinner glaze, using Everett&Jones BBQ sauce just thinly painted on at the finish.

Back