Today Is 9/11

Hard to believe it was 23 years ago.:(
Still hurts! I think I understand more how people must have felt after Dec 7 1941. I started working at UAL only 6 years later and my colleagues there went through terrible emotional strain every year. Even more than me. Never forget, though sadly I think that saying is now empty rhetoric

The pain hasn’t subsided. We continue to lose friends to 9-11 related cancers.

I am more confused today with who people support for which causes. I feel like I live in an alternate universe.

These are not political statements. I spent my first 23 years of life in the NYC area. I’m just a changed person for the events as they altered many lives of friends and family.

Last Sunday 60 Minutes re-ran their 2021 hour-long episode documenting the heroism of the FDNY on that day. Well worth watching to remember their selfless sacrifices and the horror of that day.

"On September 11, 2001, 343 members of the Fire Department of New York perished while trying to rescue people trapped in the World Trade Center. Scott Pelley speaks with firefighters who were there that day and the loved ones of those who never made it home."

Back