Today at Home Depot

Crazy big box stores. One thing I think Lowes and Home Depot have in common is that, sadly, they are both reducing their Weber foot prints. It will be interesting to see what the spring brings, but I am willing to be less variety, no SmokeFires, and fewer Weber parts.
Ace hardware was always the best place to shop for Weber grills, parts, and accessories. Sadly, I can't buy anything for my old grill at Ace anymore.

Home Depots by me always have tons of entire leftover grills fully assembled that they just stick places for the off-season. I imagine that this is a constant headache for management. I once watched two expensive brand new Traeger grill sit out on the sidewalk in front of the store in the elements for an entire off-season, with road salt and everything thrown at them.

Ace hardware was always the best place to shop for Weber grills, parts, and accessories. Sadly, I can't buy anything for my old grill at Ace anymore.
I think all stores have given up stocking odd parts for grills beyond the most recent and likely to need replacement. My Ace in our little town has some grates and few other parts, but hardly anything for old Genesis grills. I guess we have to accept that they have passed off the active point of view for most people. Be thankful for online resources like BBQParts.com for keeping parts available for older grills.

Back in the day when we had a local Ace (Bob's Ace) he had tons of parts for the Weber grills. Literally bin upon bin of everything you could ask for (even manifolds). But Weber and Bob's are basically gone now. :( Yeah Weber name is there but not the same

While Weber makes some good money selling their replacement parts in retail stores, I think they are getting out of the 1000/and Silver B parts business for one main reason. I think they want the grills to become obsolete. They are likely figuring out that many classic Genesis owners will opt to buy a new Genesis when they find they can't go to the local HW store and get a replacement set of burners or flavorizer bars. They are counting on them not willing to sift through the online jungle to find the parts and will opt instead to just move on to a new Genesis. I also think it is why Weber doesn't solve some of the nagging issues we have been seeing with the newer models. Most notably the rust issue. Instead of their Genesis Grills lasting two decades and more without rusting out to failure, the grills are lucky to go 10 years. "Planned obsolescence" is the term manufacturers use. I would not expect to see any Genuine Weber parts for sale in the B&M retail stores for grills that are over 10 years old.

The problem that Weber might experience by pushing customers to buying a new Genesis is that the customers are going to pretty disappointed when 4 or 5 years in, the grill is looking like the front fender of a 1974 Chevy Vega.

Back