To Chris Allingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewjeff

TVWBB Member
Chris:
I just want to give you an e-pat-on-the-back.

The Virtual Weber Bullet web site continues to
amaze me as one of the most up-to-date and
useful sites I've ever used. I've corresponded
with you before regarding including the history of
the Minion method and adding a section for
what NOT to do with the WSM. Its WAY cool
to see you've covered these topics. What other
site readily accepts and implements user ideas?!

As New Englander, I'm a fair-weather BBQer.
(I know - I'm a wimp. But I cook/freeze up a storm in the fall!). When my BBQ season begins, I head straight to your site. Each spring I'm blown away at how your site has been expanded and how many more people are participating in the message forums.

And just when I thought I knew everything I needed to know to produce some yummy Q, I learn something new. I can hardly wait to try using sand in the water pan, amoung other tips and tricks.

Thanks Chris!

Thank you! I really appreciate feedback about the site and suggestions for new content, and I try to work those suggestions in whenever I can.

As you point out, the best part of the bulletin board is the excellent participation and expert advice. I learn something new every day.

Best regards,
Chris

Ditto, Chris...and let me say I wouldn't have bought my WSM if I hadn't found this site first..

those guys should have you on the payroll, or at least advertise here.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Sell:
[qb] Ditto, Chris...and let me say I wouldn't have bought my WSM if I hadn't found this site first..
Jim [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that begs a good question for the polls:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>I found TVWB, and then bought my WSM.
[/list]
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>I bought a WSM, and then found TVWB.
[/list]

No doubt that Chris's contribution to WSM Nation has very, very few peers!

I was one that bought a WSM as advised by Chris, and others on the KC Forum, many years ago. There were no other forums and definitely nothing with the elaborate pictorials on using a WSM at that time. In fact, some years ago, I read a post on the KC Forum that stated that a person bought a Big Green Egg as opposed to a WSM because of the lack of a dedicated web site for the WSM and that BGE had a "nice" website. Looking at the website now for the BGE (and most other bbq websites), it PALES in comparison to the TVWB site! I know of no other site for any other cooker that provides the abundance of info and that is done as professionally as this site.

It is especially very cool to see the numerous posts that appear daily and the solid advice that streams from those posts are truly mindblowing. This is one of the few websites that I check numerous times daily to check the message board. (A few others sites that I like to peruse daily would be... Drudge Report, TigerNet - for Clemson Sports info and Fox News).

I just wanted to add my two cents to the e-pat on the back to Chris. Thanks Chris! - You da Man!

SC Que

Chris,
I would also like to thank you for putting this great site together, and FWIW I also bought my WSM AFTER finding this site. You should set up a poll. It would be interesting to know how many people bought WSM's after visiting your site.

Thanks for sharing your time and keeping this a friendly place to share information. I personally have not seen one flame in this forum yet and I have to say it speaks volumes about you and the poeple who post here! Keep up the good work and thanks again!!!

-Rich

Chris,
Add me to "Found the site first." I've had a Weber kettle forever, but I didn't know there was such a thing as a WSM, until I found your site. I've had mine since January, and love it. Thanks to all of the information here, every cook has been a success.

Rich T said: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I personally have not seen one flame in this forum yet and I have to say it speaks volumes about you and the poeple who post here! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Flames are very rare with a WSM. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Add my name to the list of site-readers-before-WSM-buyers. It made my decision a no-brainer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back