Time to Get Started on TVWBB 2.0: Patty Melts

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
This cook was actually done a few days BC, as in Before Chris moved the forum. I believe my inspiration for this was Don Cash's Throwdown winner from a few months back.

Onions on the griddle.
DSC_0585.jpg

Still on there. Not much new, but I liked this picture.
DSC_0587.jpg

Ground turkey seasoned up and shaped like rye bread. We used turkey because it was in the freezer, but beef would've been better.
DSC_0591.jpg

I like using the griddle for turkey because they don't stick and end up looking like this.
DSC_0592.jpg

Building with the carmelized onions.
DSC_0601.jpg

Back on for a toasting while the potato pancakes cook. They were made with leftover bacon-horseradish mashed potatoes from another cook, that I think I still need to post.
DSC_0604.jpg

Plated.
DSC_0608.jpg

Thanks for looking! If you guys haven't tried posting a cook on the new forum, it's so much easier than before!

Tasty looking cook Jon! Please post about the potato pancakes.

Had to check with the cook on these. I was busy outside with the onions while they were whipped up inside. The potatoes were leftover bacon-horseradish-green onion smashed from this cook. Erin added an egg to bind them and some flour until they got to a workable consistency, then made them into patties. Then right on the griddle. Very easy and a nice way to use leftovers.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Back