Time for some Kettle Pizza

Looks outstanding Todd. I use mine quite often until recently. Have to get back to it. I've never used mine on the WSM. I'd like to give that a try as well.

Looks great, Todd! I've been wanting to experiment with the KP in my WSM22. Can you tell us what you did for the fire set up? I'm probably going to thin my grill herd this Spring, and If I can use my KP reliably in the WSM22, I'll be a very happy camper!

Thanks!

R

I am using this with a 18" WSM with the top from a kettle to keep the heat close to the pizza. Simple set up - about half a chimney of charcoal until red, dump in back side of WSM, leave door off, middle grate and water pan removed, all bottom vents open. I am using a pizza stone. It can help to preheat it in the oven at 350° while you are putting the pizzas together. Let the coals settle, add some chunks on top of them, once they get flaming, the temps with rise to where you want it. I've had the best luck with larger chunks. You may be able to get the temp with only charcoal, but it seems to me the wood really kicks it up there. You can cook a 12" pizza with fresh dough pretty quick. About 7 mins. I've had them done as quick as 3 mins when it get really hot. I slide the pizza off the peel and let it toast for a few minutes, then rotate about 20° every few minutes with long weber patula until done. The crust gets crisp enough that you can remove the whole pie with just a spatula.

Back