Throwdown #9: Pork Loin

Who's got the best pork loin entry? Vote now!

• Brad Greer: Rice and mushroom stuffed pork loin

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Chad M: Herbed bread-n-butter cranberry stuffed pork loin

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • R Cain: Fat Wellington

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Kim Drana: Cuban rotisserie pork loin with peppers and onions

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Adam Terhune: Crab stuffed pork loin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dwain Pannell: Apple stuffed smoked pork loin

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Jon Des: Wiener Schnitzel with spaetzle

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • John Solak: Corn bread and bacon stuffed pork loin with sausage gravy

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"In the event of a tie, the prize shall be awarded to the 2nd person with the third-least amount of votes." That's directly from the rulebook. Seriously. Look it up. Chris, just send me a direct message for my address. :)

No..You are wrong! "In the event of a tie, the award shall be given to the first entry..." And that's the truth! ;)

Wow! I don't believe we've addressed that in the rules. What do we do know? Battle to the death? Feats of strength? :D

Sounds like we've already got the "airing of grievances". Then we'll do the "feats of strength". For those of you who didn't learn about Festivus from that old Seinfeld episode, look it up on Google. :)

I can see a few options for how to proceed.

1. We can put these two entries head-to-head and have another vote. Like a run-off election.
  2. We can declare a tie. I have two copies of Cook's Illustrated: The Science of Good Cooking, so I'll send one to each winner. And I can toss a coin to see which person gets to pick the next Throwdown topic. Or we can allow both people to collaborate on what the next topic should be.

Thoughts?
Chris

Yeah, i'm believing a vote-off is the answer.

hope we don't hafta go thru a poll to decide what to do here....:rolleyes:

I like the vote off idea. I don't like things ending in a tie plus it has been a fun contest so lets extend it a little longer

"In the event of a tie, the prize shall be awarded to the 2nd person with the third-least amount of votes." That's directly from the rulebook. Seriously. Look it up. Chris, just send me a direct message for my address. :)

I was so close!

I can see a few options for how to proceed.

1. We can put these two entries head-to-head and have another vote. Like a run-off election.
  2. We can declare a tie. I have two copies of Cook's Illustrated: The Science of Good Cooking, so I'll send one to each winner. And I can toss a coin to see which person gets to pick the next Throwdown topic. Or we can allow both people to collaborate on what the next topic should be.

Thoughts?
Chris

I'd go so far as to say a 3-way vote, since Fat Wellington is right there. I think the networks would call that race too close to call. Statistically insignificant, or something along those lines.

Last edited:
OK, I will setup another poll as a runoff between the two tied entries. Sorry, Fat Wellington...

Regards,
Chris

I am sorry that I didn't get in on this competition guys even though I picked it out. Shortly after posting my entry some family stuff came up and I haven't been online in over a month. Family comes first I guess though, so maybe the next one I can get in on and try my hand at!

John's presentation wins but I know I would love the tast of Kim's. But since I have to go with what I see, nod is for John

those were some GREAT entries all around, but I'll have to cast mine for John Solak - his fillet was just so perfect.

My first choice, if there wasn't a tie to deal with would be John Des' Wiener Schnitzel with spaetzle

Back