Throwdown #34: Kebabs

Got a PM from TonyUK tagging Barb and me for the kebob challenge. So we decided to give it a shot just for giggles.
We decided to jump out of the box and do something completely different.
Chicken with a Bacon, Bourbon, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Chinese 5 spice and a few other things thrown in made into a paste with veggies over stir fry noodles.
Made up the paste and rubbed the chicken with it and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so.
Barb made up the veggie kebobs and brushed the left over paste on when she grilled them.
So here’s our version of Southwest Bourbon Bacon Asian Noodle Kebobs.

DSCN2434_zpskq4lowwf.jpg

DSCN2435_zpsjsai2xrb.jpg

DSCN2442_zpswcsebgtx.jpg

DSCN2446_zpsfczlfjbe.jpg

DSCN2449_zpswyhdkwz9.jpg

DSCN2454_zpsbzihwuc8.jpg

DSCN2455_zps2pmwpsk2.jpg

DSCN2460_zpstjo48cwu.jpg

There you have it. Got to say it was delicious.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic R & B. <<(see what I did there?).
Excellent cook.

Who are you going to nominate next? ;)

Looks like a contender. I love the use of the flavorizer bars on the kettle. Aren't you also the guy with the gas kettle.......................Now I'm all confused.:confused:

Looks like a contender. I love the use of the flavorizer bars on the kettle. Aren't you also the guy with the gas kettle.......................Now I'm all confused.:confused:

Yep, I have the gasser kettle, also two performers, three gassers, two WSMs and a smoky Joe and a very understanding wife. Used this performer which is usually dedicated to making pizza because I modified the lid for better heat distribution. Haven't used in since about October and decided to run a load of coals to clean it out so I did the Kebobs on it.

Well, since I named this event, I better enter... Here it is, I got new spider wire for Christmas, so I broke it out and did 2 Kabobs.. Beef and Kielbasa..

First of the two was, Turkey Kielbasa.. With some Shrooms, Maters, Peppers and Pineapple

Next was Beef, I wish I chose a different cut, but I chose Short Ribs. Boneless, some were tender, some NOT, marinaded in Teriyaki.

Ring around the Vortex.

Heating up the Marinade to use a basting liquid for the Beef...

Kielbasa was first

Beef was next after Kielbasa

Plated with a Tank 7.. If you have never heard, had or tried Tank 7 it is a KC beer.. It is 8.5% alc beer.. DELISH...

Enjoy..

Made some Kababs last weekend and finally got around to getting pictures up.

Surf/Turf and Dessert

Makers Mark marinated steak and shrimp with chorizo.

Ready for the grill

Now were cooking. Added some corn. The wife loves Mexican street corn.

Strawberry and pound cake for dessert.

Back