Threw some ribs on the SF🔥🇺🇸

I was waiting for these finished pics to show up! Looks really good, Bruno! What did you season those with, and did you perceive the hickory flavor with those pellets?

R

SmokeFire really nailed it. I seasoned with some garlic Kinders rub I grabbed at Costco. Not bad, a little salty for me.
6 hours in the SF and just a piece of cake cook. Wife loved the ribs, my 7 year old was weirded out by the bones, he thought they looked like teeth. 😂 not a great visual!

SmokeFire really nailed it. I seasoned with some garlic Kinders rub I grabbed at Costco. Not bad, a little salty for me.
6 hours in the SF and just a piece of cake cook. Wife loved the ribs, my 7 year old was weirded out by the bones, he thought they looked like teeth. 😂 not a great visual!
“Looked like teeth”…that made my day!
Great looking ribs…

Well those pictures fit the bill! As I have said many times, whatever teething issues and “personality quirks” the SmokeFire has, it cannot be denied it can turn out some awesome looking bbq! We have seen numerous proofs of that right here, with Bruno’s latest post another compelling example.

I have always been of the opinion that ribs and even brisket and burnt ends are better the next day if re-heated properly. My theory is that the smoke and seasoning has more time to permeate the meat.

I've been reheating ribs with my sous vide. I set it at 135, or 140 and let it just reheat slowly. 30 to 60 mins they are perfect.

Back