This may be the wrong group to ask...

I don’t know about the bagged. I cut my own, when once a summer I want something green to eat. LOL But seriously, google ‘bagged salad‘ recall and you will literally pull up pages of recalls and this is just for 2021.
I know what you mean! We almost always buy the Lidl organic salad mix and check the recalls quite frequently. If it were bad I would probably know before anyone else as I have had food poisoning and would recognize it immediately!

When I first read the dire warning I did some digging. I never found any proof that grilling causes cancer in humans so I kept grilling whenever I wanted. I changed nothing. I'm 80 and been eating grilled food most of my life. No cancer. Don't let the fear mongers in this world ruin your enjoyment of life's pleasures.

I grill lots of vegetables (not eggplant) along with meat/poultry/fish, etc. I guess my grilled Mexican street corn will be banned. Some processed food I won’t grill, but wow, a grilled Spam & hamburger w/pepper jack cheese & pineapple is great!

I worked in Los Angeles in the late 60s and early 70s delivering services orders to the phone company offices. It was so bad in the morning you couldn't see up past the 3rd or 4th floors of the tall buildings because of the smog. Driving past the oil refineries your eyes would burn. I was in that crap for eight hours a day
Did that every day for three years and that didn't kill me, so a little grilled food or BBQ doesn't scare me at all.

Yea I remember it was a big thing back in the late 70's early 80's.
Mickey D's went after Burger king saying flame broiled burgers were Blah blah bla compared to griddle fried.
I got a kick out of that back then, heck our ancestors have been grilling over open flames for like forever.

Yea I remember it was a big thing back in the late 70's early 80's.
Mickey D's went after Burger king saying flame broiled burgers were Blah blah bla compared to griddle fried.
I got a kick out of that back then, heck our ancestors have been grilling over open flames for like forever.
Recently I went to a local place that flame grills their burgers. The burgers are often considerably larger than the bun (I wish they'd just make them thicker). As a result, I took a bite that was nothing but burger. No bun, no toppings, just burger. I've found if you do that at most hamburger places you realize how much like cardboard the meat patty tastes. To my surprise, the burger at the local joint was very tasty all by itself. I'll stick with the flame broiled burgers. Which is not to say there isn't a place for smashburgers.

Back