Thermometer Recommendation

Adam E

Hi all. I'm in the midst of smoking 2 racks of baby backs on my old original bullet and my Taylor thermometer with the probe is all whacked out.

Can anyone recommend a new one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I was going to order a ThermoPro TP-07, but I just read that it's recommended only in the meat and not the oven/grill since it loses accuracy over 200 degrees. Does anybody use the ThermoPro for the grill temp? How is it? I don't care about the meat temp so much as I have an instant read which I'm fine with.

Wireless isn't too important either.

Happy 4th of July & Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a new one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Over the last few years I have bought three(3) Thermopen products(Chef Alarm,Thermopen Classic, etc.) and if $60 plus is not a "arm and a leg" I highly 2nd K Kruger's recommendations above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wouldn't you just get another Taylor? They're $12.74 on Amazon. For pit temp, I've been using mine just hanging it through the top vent and it works fine. Sure, if I was going to spend money, I'd likely get a Smoke 2-channel. But for under $15, you'll be back to where you were before the current Taylor went down.

You can buy Ink Bird blue tooth and wifi therms very reasonable imo, I have a 6x that is great , the logging part drops out when I quit the app but I don't compare data any more from long cooks. the rechargeable instant read works great

Back