Thermapen

Originally posted by PeteH:Color was a real dilema, so I punted.
I think, the colour of one's Thermapen exemplifies his (or her) personality
icon_biggrin.gif
Hence, my smilin' <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span> face.

What are you trying to say Jim,Just because I have a <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span>one, I'm mad,always angry,get pi$t off over the littlest things.Well stick it up your a$$
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

well jim, how about a report, I would of figured you have taken the temperature of everything in the house by now....
poor dog and cat.......
icon_biggrin.gif

I have had one since they came out. they are the best thing next to beer and Jack daniels

Be careful with the new splashproof thermapens, not to get them to close to the coals. The casings are only rated up to 122 degrees, and if they get too hot, they will start to crack. This happened to me, and thermoworks replaced it, but they told me to be careful about the heat.

Originally posted by Pinny B.:
Be careful with the new splashproof thermapens, not to get them to close to the coals. The casings are only rated up to 122 degrees, and if they get too hot, they will start to crack. This happened to me, and thermoworks replaced it, but they told me to be careful about the heat.
That leads me to a question I have been pondering for a while. Do you take the temperature of your meat while it is still on the cooking grate or do you take it off the grate and then temp it?

I've done mine on the WSM.If on a grill close to the coals I would take the temp off the grill. I've noticed the RED ones can take the heat much longer than the other colors.LOL
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

You will be very happy with it.
icon_biggrin.gif

And I'm glad you went with the <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span>one they are the fastest one they make.
icon_cool.gif

Chuck - all the extra features that I've seen that come with the RED version.... it was almost a no-brainer!

Originally posted by b mauro:
Just pulled the trigger on a refurb'ed RED thermapen.

Can't wait to try this out.

Where did you find someone selling refurbs? I haven't seen them on the thermoworks site recently, maybe I missed it?

I emailed Thermoworks directly. Just give their orders department a call (or email). The refurbs aren't "cheap" but they sting a little less
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PeteH:Color was a real dilema, so I punted.
I think, the colour of one's Thermapen exemplifies his (or her) personality
icon_biggrin.gif
Hence, my smilin' <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span> face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,

I have to ask what you might think of the personality of someone with two Thermopens? I have a red and an orange one.

My red one is kept at home and the orange one is in a travel kit that I take with me on vacations (along with knives, etc so I can cook when away from home).

Ray

Originally posted by Ray Crick: Jim,
I have to ask what you might think of the personality of someone with two Thermopens? I have a red and an orange one.
Ray
In my opinion Ray, someone, as yourself, whom totes two Thermapens and both different colours is one smart cook!
The colours suggest you are both strong, full of energy and power (orange)
and you are exciting, enthusiastic and competitive (red).
Butt, I do not read leaves.
icon_biggrin.gif

Where's the best place to get one? My original gray one got torched by my son. He took a cigar blow torch to the tip (turned blue). Now I'm not sure I can trust it anymore (water boils at 214F).

Someone told me that the red one (like I have) will take the guesswork out of all my cooking problems. Problem is that I just cant cook worth a darn so the Thermaen has done nothing to help me...LOL.
Actually, I wouldn't cook w/o it. Super tool. Love to probe those butts with it! Hummm.

Back