The Searwood has arrived!

In normal mode it shows the actual temperature. In manual mode it shows numbers 1 thru 10.

Does the controller just give you these numbers 1-10, or does it also provide actual temperature readings?

As mentioned in normal mode it shows a temperature and controls the grill to maintain that temperature. The manual mode shows a 1-10 value and is pretty unique in that it attempt to address problems pellet smokers have when someone is grilling with the lid open... with other pellet smokers they sense the temp drop and try to go crazy and add pellets to keep temps up and end up overshooting, with the manual mode the Searwood IGNORES the temperature and just adds pellets at a given rate based on the number setting, the higher the more it adds. I've seen it described as like 1-2 for warming, 3-5 for pancakes and eggs 6-8 for stir fry and 9-10 for smash burgers, fries etc. Pretty smart idea.

Sambo - clean-up of Searwood. He's complaining, but for 30-40 hours this is not really bad. And the ash / grease made it to the scrapable pan.

This guys complaining actually made me more interested in this grill! The cover and the cord management are not important to me. The 40 hour clean up was amazing. I usually clean up after one or two cooks depending on the cook length. I will probably replace my very old Traeger with one of these when it goes to BBQ heaven.

This guys complaining actually made me more interested in this grill! The cover and the cord management are not important to me. The 40 hour clean up was amazing. I usually clean up after one or two cooks depending on the cook length. I will probably replace my very old Traeger with one of these when it goes to BBQ heaven.

I kind of agree. . . Knowing how unhappy he was with the Smokefire and how much he seems to like the Searwood definitely makes me more interested in the Searwood. That said, I'm not currently in a position to acquire one. Plus, since my very old Traeger used to belong to my late father-in-law the whole idea of replacing it is complicated by the some sentimental value associated with it.

Anyway, all of the positive feedback I've seen has certainly got me interested in the Searwood.

Just got the XL model. It’s my first pellet. Only done a couple of cooks so far, but as I mentioned in some other threads, I’m so far really pleased.

Versatility is great. I’ve so far seared (pork chops), griddled (onions, bacon, smash burgers), slow cooked (pork baby back ribs), and grilled (chicken wings). Each exceeded expectations - especially for a first try.

We were running around all day and we picked up a few things at Aldi. I saw a seasoned flank steak and bought it for dinner. It was maybe 1-1/4” thick. I fired up the Searwood to 475F with the Weber searing grate. Cooked it to about 125F and it was surprisingly delicious. Especially with the garlic roasted potatoes my daughter made. I was shocked it was like the prime filets I made over the weekend - not a bit of the steak leftover on the plates. I’m really loving this grill. (I keep forgetting to take pictures-sorry) - Mike

Honestly.....................I think this is one time Weber hit a home run. It's one product they make I could actually see myself parting with $$$$ for. That being said anyone interested in a beautiful giant Wolf NG grill? :D Gotta make room and $$$$ for that Searwood somehow

Honestly.....................I think this is one time Weber hit a home run. It's one product they make I could actually see myself parting with $$$$ for. That being said anyone interested in a beautiful giant Wolf NG grill? :D Gotta make room and $$$$ for that Searwood somehow
You know the drill, you can list the Wolf on Craigslist & FB Market Place to name a few. "If you list it, they will come!"

So three pellet grills? Don't you hit a point of diminishing returns with owning three grills that all do the same thing in the same way?

So three pellet grills? Don't you hit a point of diminishing returns with owning three grills that all do the same thing in the same way?
Would not have 3. Would also sell Big Z the get the XL version of the Searwood. If I sold the Member's Mark then I'd have to get the smaller version and then it would be the new garage queen. But I would prefer to have the larger one for that added flexibility

Back