The new RED Weber charcoal grills w/ link to pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
First, Thanks to Jeff for his post: "2010 Lineup for Weber"
and also thanks to davidb for his research that allowed me to find a link showing the new grills.

I started this new post since Jeff's thread seemed to be slowing down.

The new red Performer:
http://www.mydoitbest.com/Expr...SKU=817575&MP=XADbE3

The new red four leg w/side tables 22.5 OTG:
http://www.mydoitbest.com/Expr...SKU=817593&MP=XADbE3

The website:
http://www.mydoitbest.com/Expr...sid=4ABC080047AD617F

There may be some new colors for gassers.
I'm not familiar with their gas line of grills.

nice work...its time to spread the word
icon_biggrin.gif

I heard the 50 series in in Summit is discontinued next year it will be the 20s and the 70s.

Can anyone confirm that or know if it's incorrect?

I wonder if the new 4 legger will hurt their Performer sales. Guess it depends on how they price it.

It sure is sweet, and even has a built in thermometer, and lid holder!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doug ep:
From the third link, anybody notice the item #6430, Weber Pizza Stone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice!
Also like the Artisan 65" mountain green grill cover.

Wow - so does that new four-legger have a hinged lid?? It must, considering that the handle is mounted in the front. Very interested in seeing that one in person. Wonder if they'll be offering a RED OTG.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
Wow - so does that new four-legger have a hinged lid?? It must, considering that the handle is mounted in the front. Very interested in seeing that one in person. Wonder if they'll be offering a RED OTG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allen,
It has the 'tuck away' lid holder. I'm guessing like the Performer, only mounted on the back.

Is this for real? I called Weber and they said it wasn't their stuff. We are talking about the people that man the phones, maybe they don't get the latest info. When does Weber release their new product lineup each year?

Wow, thanks for finding this! I love the new look of the performer, mainly the front plate. The black table is nice too. Not sure about the new therm though.

The new One Touch Platinum is slick. That HAS to be a hinged lid with the handle in that location. I might need one of those, hope they continue selling in Blue and Green.

The support folks at Weber, while great, usually don't have a clue when it comes to new products. They had no clue about the 26" kettle when pictures of it started popping up last year.

Hmmm... how are you supposed to pick the lid up with the handle in the front?? If it's a tuck-away and not a hinge - seems like it will be awkward trying to put the lid back on.

I guess brick red is better than no red, but I like the old red better. I guess they finally got the EPA to agree to some new colorant. I guess I will always be able to look at my red performer I made on the other thread.
icon_smile.gif

I really like the black performer w/ the black table...looks real sharp. Im sure I will get one but...my old S/S red is a classic and will always be my fav. Its like the old muscle cars...they just have that "character" about them...how can you not like them?

I can see the market segment they're targeting with it, but the new Platinum looks cheap to me... ECB-style thermometer, Char-Broil-style lid handle, leftover Q cart.

I'll try to reserve judgment until I can get my hands on one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake S:
I can see the market segment they're targeting with it, but the new Platinum looks cheap to me... ECB-style thermometer, Char-Broil-style lid handle, leftover Q cart.

I'll try to reserve judgment until I can get my hands on one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jake, I suspect that you and I may not be seeing these pictures the same way. I suggest that we consider the features that you seem to think look "cheap" against Weber's current mid-level offering, the OTG.

1. Thermometer. Platinum -- "ECB-Style"; OTG -- none. Advantage: Platinum

2. Lid Handle. Platinum -- "Char-Broil style" handle on side (with tuck-away holder); OTG -- Weber style handle on top (with hook inside lid). Advantage: Platinum (for my money at least)

3. Kettle Support System. Platinum -- Kettle rests in an apparently sturdy and stable four leg cart with rectangular lower storage grate that appears to have more storage area; OTG -- Kettle is perched on three aluminum tubes that can be prone to wobbling, triangular lower storage grate appears to have less storage area. Advantage: Platinum

Another feature Jake did not mention --

Off-grate Work Surfaces: Platinum -- two thermoset surfaces (one on each side of the kettle); OTG -- none. Advantage: Platinum

Jake, you and I agree on one thing - I too will reserve judgment until I can see a Platinum up-close, and "kick the tires" a little bit. But from what I can see so far, the new Platinum looks to me like a thoughtfully designed and well-executed offering for the market segment comprising grill jockeys who know what they are doing, and have the resources to spend a little more to get a serious piece of equipment. The picture (including the particular features Jake discussed) doesn't look at all "cheap" to me, and I would expect the Platinum to nestle into a price point midway between the 22" OTG and the performer.

I'm guessing it will come in in the range of $235 - $250.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ECB-style thermometer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>??

Seriously, you really think it says "Cool...Ideal...Hot"? Really?? Come on...!

I'll bet good money it is the same unit/part number (thermometer and maybe the chrome bezel) used on the updated 2009 WSM and 26.75" OTG, and pretty similar to that used on the gas grills.

Looks like a fine new addition to the line, but you still have to light the charcoals. By the time you buy a chimney, or a weedburner, the price will be close to or more than the Performer.

I vote for the Performer. Makes charcoal grilling so easy...twist a knob, hit the clicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back