The new Big Easy is now available at Amazon

elmo

TVWBB Fan
i was waiting for this new model to become available at Amazon.com.

Char Broil Big Easy

I will be ordering one very soon and cant wait to receive this and giving it a try. I see many good reviews about this unit.

If you are going to order one too, dont forget guys to order through this site's link so that Amazon can give a part of the sale to TVWBB.

elmo

I edited the link above so that it benefits TVWB.

Interesting product concept for those that don't want to play with charcoal and prefer the convenience of propane.

Regards,
Chris

From Char Broil's web site:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The hot air that is generated escapes out of the top of the cooking chamber before it has a chance to dry out the food. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm... the science escapes me.
icon_smile.gif

The grill that sits across the opening is 15", so the basket's usable diameter is probably something on the order of 12 or so.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The heated inner wall radiates natural infrared heat that penetrates food evenly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> So realize, this going to cook like an oven, hence "Roaster." Direct heat, not like a BBQ smoker where the heat is indirect.

i saw this electric smoker while at sam's yesterday and thought it would be good for people in apartments. i'm sure keeping the glass clean would be a real pain though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
i saw this electric smoker while at sam's yesterday and thought it would be good for people in apartments. i'm sure keeping the glass clean would be a real pain though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony, I have that smoker, I bought it a year ago at Sams. It cooks great Q, and it is easy to use. I havent used it much lately as the cold Utah weather makes it struggle on overnights sometimes. I have gotten around this by starting it hours before I want to cook with fire bricks on the upper and lower rack. Then when I open it to put in the meat, the heat quickly recovers back to the 225-275 I am looking for. Regarding the glass, it is pretty dirty. I have hosed the cooker out a few times after cleaning it, but have grown tired of this and use my Egg and WSM most of the time. When summer comes back around, I might use it some more. It is a capacity monster. I cooked eight pork shoulders in it once, and I know I could have stuffed maybe 4 more in there if I was creative.

Back