I put a new AVR Firmware snapshot up this morning. I did a pretty big refactor on the internals of the device Menu system and moved a lot of stuff into the classes where they belong. It started as just me adding the ability to have more than one dynamically updating display in the HeaterMeter devices menus, which was the probes / output home display we all know. As I started to implement it I realized it was a bit of a mess so what could have been done in an evening stretched into breaking the existing code, then procrastinating for a month because the code was so broken that I didn't want to deal with it. In addition to adding more functionality, a few bugs were found and squashed, and it should be easier to extend now. The downside is that a ton of code got moved around or rewritten so there's a chance I have broken something in the LCD display / buttons / menu system. I've tested everything I can think of and it all seems to work the same as it did before the changes, but I have not bundled this into the Pi firmware image just yet. I'll wait to hear if anything is broken for a while.
This does add a new troubleshooting feature to the HeaterMeter device itself, the Internal Diagnostics Display. Full information is in the documentation, but to enter the hidden menu, go to the "Manual fan mode Yes/No" menu on the device and hold the left button until the display switches to the diagnostics info for Probe0. Here you'll find the raw ADC readings, probe type, bandgap information, noise values, measured blower output voltage, and button readings.
I've also fixed the bug where when unplugging a thermocouple that's at a temperature less than ~430F, it would publish one erroneous reading around 430F before actually returning to OFF.
To install the latest AVR Firmware, just go to LinkMeter -> AVR Firmware in the webui. Select "From Online Repository" and select the most recent snapshot which is 20190327B.
I noticed that bug of the temperature, and I just thought I had an soldering issue, lol